New oday 19 owner

Aug 31, 2015
Oday 19 Mystic, ct
I completed my first project on the boat. I used some leftover wanesscoting from our three season porch to make the door. It is a plastic material so I think it will hold up. I doubt it will stay clean so it will fit in with the rest of the boat!

Now on to sanding and painting....

Attachments

Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
That is a cool idea. Maybe it's like that PVC material they use to make Azek decking. I hope it holds up for you.

Jul 25, 2018
O'day 19 MK-II Weekender Narragansett Bay
Thought I would introduce myself. I bought an O'Day 19 (not mariner) over the summer. It is my first boat and I barely know what I am doing. I have sailed about 6 times and love it. I want to use this boat as a project to "learn it all".

Right now I am thinking bottom paint and some other cosmetic stuff in the spring. I am not afraid of projects as I have raced dirt bikes for 22 years so I am used to the work and patience.

I do have some rigging confusion but I learn more each time out.

Seems like limited information on this boat but I am spending the winter reading and collecting info. Just buttoned her up for the season.

I plan to sail out of Mystic, CT and Hingham, MA.

Oh I also got to race twice on an impulse 26 this summer. It will be in my future as well!!

Thanks
Hey Brett C,
I just bought an O'day 19 as well.
I will be sailing out of Narragansett Bay, so not too far from you.
I am looking for a good used mainsail, any suggestions where I might find one?

Feb 15, 2020
Oday Day 19 Day Sailer Chattanooga TN
Following on this, I also just bought a 19 a few months back and sadly can't find anything on it. Was actually wanting a Mariner 2 but couldn't find one that I liked. As soon as I get the boat too Chattanooga Ill post pictures

Mar 21, 2020
Oday 19 Trailer
Off Axis, I just bought an Oday 19 yesterday and am near Chattanooga as well. I would.lime to.get together and pick your brain regarding sailing. I am brand new to this sport and am super eager to learn.

Feb 15, 2020
Lguess6974, absolutely ! My boat is still in Ft Myers sadly. My Work schedule has been somewhat Whack with this virus but hopefully I’ll get it up here to use . If your on Facebook look me up “John Krystyniak “ my profile picture is me in Foulies with an Orange PFD on

Feb 15, 2020
well A friend of mine shot some pictures of my 19 and finally sent them to me. Now I just need to get down and get the boat from Ft Myers to Chattanooga

Attachments

Mar 21, 2020
Oday 19 Trailer
Mine is nowhere near that nice and has been subject to neglect and abuse. I did, however have a chance to put her on the lake today and pop my sailing cherry! What an adventure... well, until the outboard broke

Feb 15, 2020
So im looking at some of the 19s that have Dead Lights in them and have noticed them being available for sale on the D&R marine website but Why did some of the Oday MKI and MKII not have windows? was that an Option ?