New member and some questions

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
Hunter 26 lake Powell lake mead
Thanks rgranger it looks like my cb bunk is identical to yours goes all the way to the back and ends just after the round support in between the axles. do you think my boat is to far forward that can’t be because the boat is against the bumper in the front?

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Strange... is it possible your previous owner (PO) moved the winch station forward? They are adjustable on some boat trailers.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
If the PO towed and launched with the outboard down, like your picture shows, maybe he did pull the boat ahead on the trailer just to keep the outboard skeg from scraping on the ramp.
Personally, I think it is a bad idea to tow a sailboat with the outboard attached and even worse to launch it with the motor down. I know there are plenty of people who do it, but that kind of weight on a trailer with almost no suspension, will eventually crack the transom's fiberglass. Powerboats have reinforced transoms but sailboats don't.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 31, 2012
Hunter 2008 H25 Lake Wabamun
I would suggest you move the boat to balance the trailer so the tongue weight is somewhere between 9 to 15 percent of the gross trailer weight (GTW). If you are towing a 5000 lbs trailer, the tongue weight should be measured at approximately 500 lbs.

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
The winch station is adjustable but no marks on it that would indicate it was moved.

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
Seems like a pain to remove with power supply but I will try and put a mount on trailer tongue or put in truck thanks.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Yes I know that trailer all too well as I towed it many times for the owner and worked on it before sold to Rgranger. He has improved the trailer but feel that your boat was repositioned too far on the trailer by the previous owner. Once done you may still have to raise the bunk boards so the centerboard rests on the keel tray and not pushed in. it may require to buy new stalks or supports. I helped to design the trailer for what it is worth.

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
Thanks Dave I appreciate the help. Maybe someone that has this setup could take a few measurements of where there boat sits on the trailer front to back that would sure help me.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
look at the marks on the hull where it sat previously on the trailer as I saw them on the hull. In the meantime @rgranger can you measure the winch stand on your trailer posting a picture of your trailer from the side where you measured from and to with deminsions for me please oh kind sailor as your trailer is the same. Thanks Rob