New member and some questions

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
Hunter 26 lake Powell lake mead
New to the forum thanks for adding me I recently purchased a 1995 H26 haven’t floated it yet should have before buying but the inside looked really good outside not to bad besides being a little weathered I think my bunk boards might be to low seems like cb is to tight in trunk on trailer can’t get any movement of cb the P.O. replaced these boards recently could I just add some spacer blocks on supports to bring the boat up an inch or so any help is appreciated also I believe the standing rigging is stock but looks ok should it be replaced thanks a lot of info here to go through also new to sailing had a trek 16 for a few years self taught I have been boating my whole life just not on a sailboat

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Welcome Jimmy! Lots of 26/260 owners here. Someone will chime in with personal experience on your boat.
Enjoy your new sport!

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
You will get better responses if you use periods after each sentence. Or was that supposed to be all one sentence?

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
Yeah sorry about the punctuation I will work on it next time.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Better this than a guy I know who sends out emails ... with run on ... punctuation ... after EVERY sentence ...
Who is Bill F..... I thought I had invented that style of writing.... or at least perfected it.....

Jan 19, 2010
... I think my bunk boards might be to low seems like cb is to tight in trunk on trailer can’t get any movement of cb
Hi Jimmy and welcome to the forum. Some pics might help us understand your questions a little better.

Do you know if you have the stock trailer? A pic of the trailer would also help us give you a better answer.

Rob

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Yeah, what he said. :) Never mind us Jimmy, we have snow up to the ... u ... know ... what ... and pure boredom is setting in. Put up some pics with wet water and we'll all cry about that for a while. :)

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
DB32969C-CE8D-4723-B93B-AA217D30A04D.jpeg
9DF25A60-32E8-420E-B187-0A385096DCEF.jpeg
EE4BDC63-D023-4590-A88C-65BEF99756B4.jpeg
DEA6E745-5E41-419C-A9C3-D86D6B725535.jpeg
Hi Jimmy and welcome to the forum. Some pics might help us understand your questions a little better.

Do you know if you have the stock trailer? A pic of the trailer would also help us give you a better answer.

Rob

Rob

Oct 29, 2016
Pearson 31-2 Bras D'or
I am relying on memory but it appears your centre board support is shorter than I recall. I checked some online photos that seem to show more of your CB should be supported. You want the majority of the weight on the CB as the side beds can flex your hull inward at points and damage your gel coat after time.

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
The center board is only supported by about 18 inches of bunk on the aft side. Should I have any play in board and trunk seems to be really tight. going to crane it off in a few weeks I guess I can see more then?
302AF25E-6DE8-4768-AB65-23C0025E2213.jpeg

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Hi Jimmy, welcome to the forum.
You will soon be an old pro poking fun at everyone else. It's good to have others screw up their punctuation so attention gets taken away for our own misspellings, bad grammer and punctuation failings. So, you are quite valuable for our self-esteem.
If you are putting a significant amount of weight on your CB, you won't see much play on the trailer. It does look like you want to lengthen the support to the next rail.
The best advice I think I can give you is, listen to Dave. He knows his stuff.
The second best advice I can give is, don't listen to me. As my wife says, I make up life as I go along.

Good luck and have fun. Here on SBO your are likely to have both.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
Thanks Will hopefully I can get this off the trailer soon and check it out. was afraid cb was holding more of the boat than it should

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Jimmy;
The last photo needs more explanation sir. If you look forward of the bunk board on the hull, it shows marks where the boat has rested on the bunk boards in the past. Second, there is no question there should be more keel tray under the centerboard plus that keel tray is bowed. Finally the rear in the past was out further from the rear of the trailer. What may be an issue is the support of the boat not sitting properly on the trailer as if the previos owner may have moved the boat too far up on that trailer which could be a major issue. Secondly, the supports to the bunk boards have been changed plus they need to be raised to get the pressure off the centerboard which is causing the bow in the keel tray boards.
How about a photo from the port side of the boat from the front of the trailer and a side port side of the entire boat and trailer. Then post them.

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
The lighting wasn’t the best does this help. My first priority is to get this trailer set up right for towing. it did tow well the 60 Miles I did tow it was just worried about the cb being bottom out in trunk.

Attachments

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2010
2017-02-26 14.26.35.jpg
2017-02-26 16.17.49.jpg
Jimmy

Why crane it off? This boat is not hard to launch off of the trailer.

I replaced my centerboard bunks this past summer. Not a hard job. Here are some pics. As you can see, I brought the keel support planks all the way to the rear beam of the trailer.
2017-02-26 14.26.35.jpg
View attachment 146028
2017-02-26 16.17.49.jpg