New Guy

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
You made the right choice. How did they manage to get the whole marina upside down? That would help dry things out after a rainstorm. :)

Jan 12, 2013
Catalina C27 - Tall Rig Door County, Wis
Well, I just bought my first sailboat, 1980 Catalina 27.
Wish me luck on my Journey.

It was either a camp or boat, I think I made the best choice.
she looks nice good luck

jrowan

Mar 5, 2011
O'Day 35 Severn River, Mobjack Bay, Va.
Don't know if you have a diesel or an Atomic 4, as that year Catalina sold both. But check for a clogged fuel filter. Also check your fuel tank fuel lifting pipe, as it can get clogged at the end where fuel first enters, & so does a lot of crud from an old fuel tank. Usually diesels will either fail to start because they are not getting fuel, or bad compression (hopefully not the case). A 4's on the other hand have a host of added potential ignition problems that can cause failure to start. If you have an A 4 check for a good spark at the end of the spark plug wires. I have a John Deere tractor that wouldn't start recently. After merely replacing the spark plug it started right up. The plug was so gummed up with soot that it couldn't make a good spark. Sometimes its just the little things that cause a problem that we don't expect. If you have a diesel, then plugs are one less thing to worry about. Good luck.

Jun 7, 2014
Cataina 27 Lake Charles, LA
Been a while.
It actually ended up being bad diesel/algae in the tank. Runs pretty good now.

I'm working on the windows now. I should be ordering the re-seal kit from Catalina direct tomorrow.

Oct 10, 2014
Catalina 27 Tall Rig Norfolk
Let us know how the window re-seal goes. I've heard mixed reviews on this. Re-sealing the windows is on my to-do list but probably not until next year. A friend of mine re-did his windows on his O'day with Lexan and sealed with Butyl tape. He did some custom interior bezels as well. It turned out really nice and never leaked.

Jun 16, 2014
Catalina 25 Muskegon Michigan
Been a while.
It actually ended up being bad diesel/algae in the tank. Runs pretty good now.

I'm working on the windows now. I should be ordering the re-seal kit from Catalina direct tomorrow.
I resealed my windows on my catalina this spring. Bought the window rubber locally and used buytal tape to reseat them. Be sure to check for rotted wood in the window frames in the boat. Mine was completely rotted away. Replaced the wood and epoxied the frames and everthing was good to go except one small seep in one window. I think it's leaking where the frame is factory split, going to try and squeeze some silicone into the crack for this year and redo that one next spring. Take your time and clean everything up real well and dry fit the window into the boat before applying whatever sealer you go with. I recommend buytal tape.

Jun 7, 2014
Cataina 27 Lake Charles, LA
Got my kit in the mail today. Hopefully this little weather issue passes with no issues so I can install!

Jan 12, 2013
Catalina C27 - Tall Rig Door County, Wis
have fun we love our rebuilt 27 so much fun a real great boat and she gets comments from all that see her!

Jul 23, 2015
catalina 2-34 oregon
Welcome. I just bought my boat as well. A cal 2-34. Not much activity in big boats so I am surfing around. This weekend will be our first chance to have her all to ourselves. Glad to see you are happy. I know we will be too. Safe journeys and use the additive after you have your tank washed out. It will dry the water and kill the bacteria that the bugs are eating and the bugs.

May 21, 2015
Catalina 27 Richardson Bay
Welcome to the club, I just bought mine a few months ago. Sure it needs some work, but I'm loving it so far.
I also created a map for those of us with the smartest sized Catalina.

Catalina 27 Little Black Book
Add yourself to the map! Password: catalina