New Flag

Mar 29, 2015
MacGregor 25 trailer sailer
I am ordering the new one, and offering to buy an old one from anyone willing to part with it. I just like the last one more and missed out when the were in stock ( timing is everything!).

Oct 10, 2013
Catalina 22 Minneapolis
I leave my "personal flag" flying from my starboard spreader all the time. It's a smiley face (usually). I like the way it looks and it acts as a wind indicator for other boats coming into the mooring area.

I fly the American flag from my stern (starboard quarter) only when sailing, I take it down otherwise. It's above my white navigation light so it's lit up if I'm sailing at night.

The only time I've flown a pirate flag I did it in a rather sneaky way....

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Wow, 85 posts and we’re still discussing flag etiquette and history. I just wanna know where and when will we see these? How about it SBO store?

View attachment 158771

Let’s get on board with some comradery here.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw this in my “recent activity” list.
Can’t a guy just fly #/@(@%-+# flag the way he wants to?

I leave my American flag on my stern staff all summer long. Remove it in the winter when I haul the boat. Probably not the best flag etiquette, but I replace it when it gets tattered.

Maybe the OP (and me if I get flamed) should get a “Don’t Tread On Me” flag and fly it.

It will be a long winter...

Greg

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
Went to the store and searched for burgee. Here's the link: https://shop.sailboatowners.com/prod.php?55320
And I ordered mine . . .
Thanks for the link Kappy, it was a great shortcut. I got my Monkey drum roll and approved notice just now. Wooo Hooo, a port spreader burgee on its way...and two additional as gifts.

I’m happy about the new burgee design and remember voting for it. Although the old design has its swizzle for schizzle. The burgee price went up two bucks since yesterday morning though. Very odd, but @jssailem is right about the marketing we see here. Supply and Demand issues I assume?