Registered users don't see ads

New downloads section (manuals, drawings, specs, etc)

Discussion in 'Ask A Hunter Owner' started by Phil Herring, Nov 17, 2012. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Phil Herring

Phil Herring Dethroned Admin

Joined Mar 25, 1997
    4,299 posts, 148 likes
    US Bainbridge Island
    It's only taken a few years, but we've finally added a more logical section for downloads like owner manuals, equipment manuals, drawings, etc.

To find the data specific to your boat model to Boat Info -> your boat model -> Downloads. The Downloads link can be found at the bottom of the list of menu items. All PDF files specific to your boat will be found there.

If you wish to upload files, click the Upload link shown. The system will handle files up to 35 Mb, which was more than enough for everything I threw at it today.

Please note: you must be logged into upload or download files, and files MUST be in PDF format. No text docs, Word or Excel files, image files, etc. PDF's only.

Articles with photos about upgrades to your boat should still be posted to the Modifications section. This is for reference material only.

In addition, we have added another menu item under Boat Info that is for PDF file uploads/downloads of information that is not specific to certain boat models. This would include manuals for Yanmar engines or other equipment, as well as any other reference material. Examples include Seaward stove manuals, CDI furler instructions, a float plan form, rig tuning instructions, etc.

The nav tab called "Reference" has been removed and all popular content has been moved under Boat Info. The links to other boating sites have been removed as Google does a pretty decent job of that and I doubt we can handle it any better. :)

As always, please let me know if you find any bugs or have suggestions on how to improve this.

Attached Files:

2. Ralph Johnstone

Ralph Johnstone

Joined Jan 4, 2006
    2,383 posts, 223 likes
    Hunter H-310
    CA West Vancouver, B.C.
    HI Phil,

Don't know who I've pi**ed-off over there but but I can't log into "downloads" after signing in.

Is it just me who's been excommunicated or are others in the same boat (pun intended :D) ?

Thanks as always for your help.

Attached Files:

• SBO.jpg
      SBO.jpg
      File size:
      28.3 KB
      Views:

3. Phil Herring

Joined Mar 25, 1997
    4,299 posts, 148 likes
    US Bainbridge Island
    My fault, I forgot to take it out of development mode! Give it a try now.

4. Ralph Johnstone

Ralph Johnstone

Joined Jan 4, 2006
    2,383 posts, 223 likes
    Hunter H-310
    CA West Vancouver, B.C.
    But Now ...................

..................... I can only upload a file :confused:.

If it wasn't raining so hard here, I'd go out to the boat and leave you in peace. But I suppose it's no better down your way.

Attached Files:

5. Phil Herring

Joined Mar 25, 1997
    4,299 posts, 148 likes
    US Bainbridge Island
    Ah, you've got to be on HunterOwners.com. I only have the new stuff installed there right now. The menu item on SBO is still in development and I just shut it off.

6. Ralph Johnstone

Ralph Johnstone

Joined Jan 4, 2006
    2,383 posts, 223 likes
    Hunter H-310
    CA West Vancouver, B.C.
    Doesn't Appear to be .......................

.............. on HunterOwners.com. as shown below. And now it's once again telling me to buzz off as I am not authorized.

I really think this is an advertising ploy, like when Apple only releases a handful of their latest i-Pads to drive the market into a frenzy, hence driving sales over the top.

Right now, I know I've just "GOT" to see these downloads.

Attached Files:

7. Phil Herring

Joined Mar 25, 1997
    4,299 posts, 148 likes
    US Bainbridge Island
    If we were only that clever.

It looks like you're still on SBO. Go to http://www.hunterowners.com, then put your cursor over Boat Info. Click on Downloads, General Info. that _should_ work!

8. propellanttech

propellanttech

Joined Oct 23, 2012
    43 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 35.5
    US Adger, AL
    Got to love things that make life easier. :D

James L

9. mellis18

mellis18

Joined Nov 9, 2008
    58 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 31
    US Port San Luis, CA
    Thanks - it works great. I just uploaded the 84 Hunter 31 Spec Manual.

10. Claude L.-Auger

Claude L.-Auger

Joined Dec 14, 2003
    952 posts, 4 likes
    Hunter 34
    CA Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
    Uploaded Maxwell Service Manual and diagrams for 23 & 24 ST

Many Thanks Phil,
    This is going to be great and easy to use. For those interested, I just uploaded a rather old but still readable copy of Maxwell service manual. Also diagrams for Maxwell winches Model 23 STA and 24 STB & STC.

11. sunsetpassion

sunsetpassion

Joined Jan 26, 2015
    20 posts, 0 likes
    hunter 450 passage
    Uk Dover
    That is great.
    Congratulations, a first class job.
    THANK YOU.

12. artboas

artboas

Joined Jun 1, 2009
    1,019 posts, 33 likes
    Hunter 49
    ca toronto
    All of the original Hunter docs are gone.
    Including schematics, etc.
    Anyone know what happened to the link???

Hunter gaskets for all!
Gaskets for ports, hatches, latches, speaker pods, refrigerators, freezers, more.
Hunter replacement stanchions
Replace for safety and appearance
Replacement in-deck solar panel
Improved for greater output, this is a drop-in replacement. Trim ring available, too.