New Distribution Panel

Sep 7, 2011
Hunter H23 Southwind YC, Milford, Kansas
My guess is that most Hunter 23 owners wish they had room for additional circuits in their distribution panels. Mine was a wiring mess. The PO had wired multiple loads to the same switch. For example, when I turned on the cabin lights, the anchor light also came on!!! Unacceptable. So, I constructed a new distribution panel that fits in the same location as the original one. I have attached a picture, if anyone is interested in recreating.

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
You have a lot of circuits for a 23. By the way, I can't open your image link - I get a box that says I am not authorized to open the album.

Sep 7, 2011
My guess is that most Hunter 23 owners wish they had room for additional circuits in their distribution panels. Mine was a wiring mess. The PO had wired multiple loads to the same switch. For example, when I turned on the cabin lights, the anchor light also came on!!! Unacceptable. So, I constructed a new distribution panel that fits in the same location as the original one. I have attached a picture, if anyone is interested in recreating.
I'm one of those people that believes that everything electrical on a boat ought to have its own circuit. By the way, I changed the permissions on the media album so,l please try looking again. let me know if you still can't get in.....

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
Still get same error. My 23 only has about 6 things to be on a switch. The only sharing going on is that all the cabin lights are on one switch. But I have few electronis being on a lake. No VHF. I did add a stereo and a cigarette lighter socket, each on it's own switch.

Sep 7, 2011
Sorry about access to the media. I have changed the permissions to "everyone" I don't know what else to try.
My list of circuits:
1. cabin lights and fans
2. Running lights
3. Anchor Light
4. Steaming light
5. Compass Light
6. Red interior lights
7. Auto pilot
8. Depth gauge
9. VHF

Sep 7, 2011
Checking permissions again it looks like the change did not take effect. I have changed it again....

Sep 7, 2011
Thanks! Water system is just a small pump with pressure switch for the galley. I really don’t like the manual pump.