New Design Catalina 22 "Measurements"

Mar 2, 2018
Catalina Wing Keel San Diego
My 22 "Minnie" is currently 3 hrs north of me in Channel Islands harbor and I need a measurement of the inside of the cockpit at the back of the stern under the traveler between the storage and gas lazarettos. Anyone near their boats that could help me out I would be in your debt. I am trying to work out my extra fuel bottle issue and need the measurements to do it.
I have a lot of measurements to share if anyone needs anything let me know.

Thanks in advance
Roderick

AndyC

May 6, 2018
Catalina 22 Albuquerque
The trough below the scuppers makes it a bit challenging to measure. The trough looks to be close to 3/4" deeper than the cockpit floor. The perspective in some of the pictures also makes it a bit challenging to read, but the cockpit floor to the opening is almost exactly 14".

Attachments

Mar 2, 2018
Hi Andy. Assume thanks! If your still near your boat one more thing. When you open the storage and gas Lazarites how far into the open space do they go? I'm sure the storage locker only go's a 1/2" or so. The gas Cover maybe be 2". If I know this I can choose the right gas container for the job.
I am looking into the Rotopax gas bottles. Either the 2 gal or 3 gallon
https://rotopax.com/2-gallon-gasoline.html

AndyC

May 6, 2018
Catalina 22 Albuquerque
The storage locker looks like it comes in 1/4" or so on its way up -- but that 1/4" is entirely within the chamfer on the top ~3" below the seat. When swinging the gas locker open (at approximate apex), it looks like there's safely 16.5" between the locker door and opposite wall.

Happy to help -- post pictures of your project if you don't mind. I'm planning on swapping my 3gal primary tank for a 6gal and have also been pondering exactly where/how to affix some spare fuel.

Attachments

Mar 2, 2018
Thanks Andy,
It looks like the rotopax 3 gallon might work. It's 16" x 15" x 4". I have a 6 gallon Marine tank that if in the gas locker, as we know you cannot use all 6 gallons of. If I add 2, 3 gallon Rotopax to the cock pit it gives me 110 kntms to my range. Those 2 3gallon tanks can be mounted to the stern bulkhead . Right now I have 2 3 gallon marine tanks which are always in the way and you can only use 2.5 of each. I will keep you informed when I figure it out .
Thanks again