New Beneteau First models

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
After Beneteau bought 60% of Seascape, I figured it would not be too long before the Seascapes turned into Firsts. Apparently that took about as long as it took to get new decals made.

The First 24 and the First 18 are now a reality, and had their worldwide debut (interestingly) in Rhode Island. To me the First 24 is the pick of the litter, being designed for lighter airs than the bigger 27, and better to windward to boot. The 18 is too small for my tastes. While the same length as BlueJ, the 24 weights HALF as much, so while it takes special breeze to get BlueJ to plane under spinnaker, the 24 will plane while jib reaching in 12 knots of true wind. Much less room and comfort downstairs however. Trade offs!

E8DAEF6F-2F51-43CE-B288-24D77B79C41F.jpeg

Seascape was never big enough to create a US presence. A friend of mine owned (now sold) what was proably the only Seascape 27 in North America. He had to import it.
Now you can go to a dealer, or pick options off the website.

Nov 8, 2010
A quote from the 'First Team' on combining the two teams and also looking forward. Note the reference to a new First 35!

SAILING REINVENTED
An elusive combination of luck, passion, and an urge to take on new challenges brought us together to discuss a question that is both simple yet complicated in terms of the solutions required. How can we combine the vision and know-how of two very different brands in terms of history, culture and scale, to offer the best possible sailing experience?

We quickly figured out that it would take more than boats to live up to our intentions. We will have to work on creating a completely new ecosystem: from the sailing interface to digital learning applications, including special events and, of course, races.

In addition to our new range of boats, it means successfully creating new content and services, essential to creating a new experience. In the coming months, a dedicated international multidisciplinary team of sailors, architects, UX designers, product managers and brand ambassadors will work towards creating this new experience.

The first boat to result from the work of this unique team will be a new First 35, the design of which is already underway and will be premiered next year.

From the new marketing PDF

http://www.beneteau.com/sites/default/files/public/document/brochure_first_2018.pdf

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
I'd sure like to see a build it site set up like the Jeanneau America site does for some of their models, just to dream and play around with!

Nov 8, 2010
I'd sure like to see a build it site set up like the Jeanneau America site does for some of their models, just to dream and play around with!
That is a fun thing to do, until you start watching the price zoom up uncontrollably! It is interesting that the subsidiary company has better capability on their web site than the parent.