Need Photo of W30B3 oil pressure sensor wiring.

Guan

Jul 18, 2011
Beneteau Oceanis 361 Vancouver
Gang! Alas it never ends.
My console alarm screamed with oil pressure light blinking when engine on.
Tech traced by opening hatch to a broken wire (epoxy by PO!) to oil pressure sensor. He tried to replace w after-market but alarm still screaming, otherwise everything eg oil pressure is OK.
I bought westerbeke part as told a.m. parts cannot be used.
Now reattaching but find FOUR wires with only two prongs on sensor. So how to reattach? Thanks.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Sounds to me like a wiring problem. The oil pressure sensor is nothing but an On/Off switch operated by oil pressure. When the pressure drops or prior to build up the switch will close and complete the circuit which powers the warning lamp and buzzer. A broken wire to sensor should not trigger an alarm but make it inoperable. Check for a short circuit in the wiring harness going from the sensor to the panel as sometimes the wires get chaffed going around bends. Perhaps the "epoxy by PO" was not the culprit. Have no idea about what 4 wires you may be referring to; a simple sensor usually has one (+) and one ground connection. check and see if the prongs are perhaps a single connector for two separate circuits.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Guan, Time to examine the boats wiring diagram. You mention two electrical signals for your Oil Pressure in your post. A Signal Light and an Oil Gauge. That could be 4 wires. Two wires each. That is why the electrical diagram is needed. You can trace the wires manually or examine the diagram and trace the wires from the Light and Gauge back to the sender. If this is the case, you can use a two wire connect to attaché the leads to the sender.

IMG_0583.JPG
A single female connection to the sender, and 2 male connections for the wires to the gauges.
Good luck.

Guan

Jul 18, 2011
Beneteau Oceanis 361 Vancouver
Tks to all you guys. Sorry for late reply just got bk tonite from desolation sound trying friend's 40 jenneau.
Got my sensor reordered and got mechnic to reattached...10 mins job all in $100 excluding part 78$C..in Seattle ?31$us

Attachments