Registered users don't see ads

Need new fixed windows Cal 2-25

Discussion in 'Cal' started by Sandcastle, Dec 25, 2018. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Sandcastle

Sandcastle

Joined Dec 25, 2018
    2 posts, 0 likes
    Cal 2-25 2
    Sand Castle Us Tx
    Does anyone know of a company who makes replacement windows and frames for the cal 2-25? These are for the fixed large portlights

2. Alan Gomes

Alan Gomes

Joined Nov 22, 2011
    607 posts, 86 likes
    Ericson 26-2
    US San Pedro, CA
    Yes. Go Industries/Mark Plastics in Corona, California.

3. Sandcastle

Sandcastle

Joined Dec 25, 2018
    2 posts, 0 likes
    Cal 2-25 2
    Sand Castle Us Tx
  4. Dave Groshong

Dave Groshong SBO Staff Staff Member

Joined Jan 25, 2007
    1,360 posts, 104 likes
    Catalina 22
    US Seattle
    Try Mike at CruisingConcepts.com

5. JetLaggedChef

JetLaggedChef

Joined Jul 9, 2018
    65 posts, 23 likes
    Catalina 25
    US Lake Monroe
    I only had two leaking dead port windows (the two aft) so I ordered the re-seal kit from CatalinaDirect.com. I carefully (and painstakingly) spent hours slowly cleaning them and meticulously rebuilding them per instructions, and they leak worse than before. UGH!

One suggestion though, there are a *ton* of Catalina 25s in salvage yards. If you're looking for a whole set of windows, you'd probably find the best price from calling around.

I looked at the CruisingConcepts site but I believe their set of replacement windows (for the newer style flat style) was like $1,500 which is way too much for the value of the boat. I can get high quality tinted acrylic cut for all the windows for around $250 total, but the trim would be harder to come by.

Does anyone have suggestions for where I could find (or have fabricated?) mahogany window trim rims for the inside?

6. Escargot

Escargot

Joined Jan 15, 2019
    1 posts, 2 likes
    Cal 2-25
    US MDR
    Yes! I replaced the fixed portlights on my Cal 2-25 with factory-like OEM windows from Mark Plastics. Mark Heacox (owner) has tooling to fabricate the exact fixed windows that came with new Cal 2-25 Boats. I installed them myself (per Mark's instructions), it went smoother & easier than I thought. Mark is an expert & will guide you thru entire process. Contact: markplastics@hotmail.com or phone: (951) 735-7705

jssailem and Alan Gomes like this.

Too hot? INSTANT BIMINI ESTIMATES
Low prices, custom fit, no-wait estimates
Noflex Sewage Treatment
Treat sludge and odor problems in holding tanks.
Leaky Lewmar ports?
Start by replacing lens gaskets in stock now
20% OFF innovative boat clips!
FixClip holds laundry, tools, anything to rails and life lines even in strong winds.