Need mast for 1988 Hunter 23

Dani

Feb 24, 2018
Hunter 27 Kerr Lake
Need help locating a replacement mast for a 1988 Hunter 23 located at Kerr Lake near Henderson, NC.

Mike48

Mar 15, 2006
Hunter 23 Lake St Marys
Crazy Dave told me that Rig-Rite would be the place to go for a H 23 mast.

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
Dani - - I recently had to obtain a replacement mast for my 84 H31. New prices from Sparcraft in Charlotte N.C. thru my local rigging company were thru the roof including shipping charges. You may be able to obtain a good price from them since it is near your location. For me, I went on the internet and posted a request with several salvage yards/used boat equipment companies thinking there may be one from hurricane damaged boats and actually was luckily enough to obtain one in Florida. Below is the list of companies I contacted. Good hunting.....

Monkey Fist Marine – (where I found the mast thru) www.UsedSailboatParts.com Randy 409 539 0309 (text only)
Sailors Exchange www.sailors-exchange.com (904) 808-0667
US Auctions (Online Boat Auctions) www.usauctions.com No direct phone contact details, email only
Certified Sales (S. Carolina) www.certifiedsales.com 843 563 9199 (Jeff Palmer – mobile 843 789 0357)
Cooper Capital Specialty Salvage (Connecticut) www.cooperss.com 860 395 4746 or info@cooperss.com
Trident Marine Salvage (Florida) www.marinesalvage.us 727 895 1355 or for parts (parts@marinesalvage.us)
Don’s Marine Surplus & Salvage (Florida) www.donsmarinesalvageyard.com 727 576 8577

Aug 15, 2011
Hunter 45 Legend Holland
I had to replace my 1987 45' due to being dis-masted, US Spars did a great job for me complete, seems everything from the deck up was left in Lake Michigan

Jul 1, 2014
hunter 27 Philadelphia
I doubt you want to travel all the way to Philadelphia to check out used abandoned masts that probably didn't come from Hunter boats, but my yacht club's crane requires that folks who haul their boats for winter must take down the mast. When folks abandon their boats, and the club disposes of them, it's not easy to tell which mast in the rack belongs to the abandoned boat. About a year ago we set aside those masts which didn't have clear owner credentials and notified the membership to get, rerack and label their masts. After a season we still had a few unclaimed, which may still be on the property waiting to be scrapped. Check around your neighborhood, maybe even clubs and yards that don't demast when hauling out might have a few mismatched masts lying around.
Next time I'm at the club I'll look to see if we still have discarded masts in case you do want to travel to Philadelphia.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
@Dani
Former owner of American Marine & Sail Supply used to be in Zebulon who knows the boat, major hunter dealer serving Steele Creek Marina. It could be one of my boats. Now retired. Send me a private message with name and phone and I can help you with this
Dave condon

Oct 3, 2006
Hunter 23 Philadelphia
Patrick, What club are you a part of?
Moved to Philly from Lake Ontario a few years back and still searching for a sailing home here...

Mar 29, 2017
Hunter 30t 9805 littlecreek
Sounds like a good candidate for conversion hobie cat mast preferably hobie 18 get the sails then rig up it will be spreaderless and you need the pivot mast base but will be cheapest option