Need bunk design for 1978 OD-23-II trailer

Huntr

Jul 11, 2017
O Day OD-23-II Pensacola
I am buying a 1978 OD-23-II. It has no trailer. The mast blew over in a wind. The screws pulled out of the deck. I understand the wood inside the deck is likely rotten. I have bought a used trailer but need to know how high to set the bunks and rails above the keel, so to keep the weight properly distributed. I cannot find any specifics on the internet. Was hoping to find someone who has an OD-23 with trailer who can take some measurements and send them to me. Can also call me directly as I do not check my internet often. Cell phone 850-207-0291. I am in Florida and hope to pick up the boat this Friday. Just need some measurements. From reading other forum posts, I understand most of the weight needs to be on the keel. So need to know how high and wide to set my bunk rails for wooden rails.

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
Nice talking to you today Huntr. Had I been home I could have gotten those measurements for you. Is this boat in the water? What stays failed and where did they fail for the mast to "blow over in a wind"? If a chainstay failed this boat may have a lot more issues than you think. Keep checking here as someone should pipe up with an answer.

Huntr

Jul 11, 2017
O Day OD-23-II Pensacola
Just the Starboard Stay. I have not sailed in over twenty years and never on a boat this big. I have forgotten a lot of the nautical terminology. Not sure what the difference is between a stay and chainstay? I presume they are the same thing? More I have read about this, I doubt the wind was that big of a factor. This appears to be a common occurrence in boats of this age. The anchor screws around the mast plate become loose and pull out. Only the one stay pulled out as well. But I can see your point. The stay likely had to come loose first. I have walked all over the deck and I weigh 275. It does not appear to be weak at all. I have gotten measurements from one person saying his bunks are 46 inches apart and 20 inches above the keel plate. But He did not specify how far forward of the stern these are located. He has rollers and I will be using wood runners. So not sure I completely trust those measurements as the boat gets wider in the middle and narrower at the stern and bow.

Huntr

Jul 11, 2017
O Day OD-23-II Pensacola
It appears the base plate on the mast is now bent. There is a quarter inch gap between the plate and mast on one side but no gap on the other side. Where can I find a replacement for this?