N28-2 Keel Differences

MitchK

Sep 22, 2017
Capital Yachts Newport 28 Burbank, WA
Anyone know the physical differences (other than length) of the two keel versions on the N28-2. I'm trying to determine which one I have. The Lady we purchased from told me that it had a 4ft keel, Which would match the shoal keel version. I dropped a GoPro camera down beside the boat today to see if I could see a bulb or wings on the bottom to make up the additional weight needed for the shorter keel. Nothing obvious was seen. Of course, the water was not very clear, and I was not able to see as much as I would have liked. Also, a picture would be nice showing the differences.
Thanks
Mitch

MitchK

Sep 22, 2017
Capital Yachts Newport 28 Burbank, WA
All,
I reviewed the video again today. I did get one clear shot of the bottom of the keel. It does not have the "wing" along the bottom edge, so I am pretty sure we have the standard length keel. Good to know, since the water in the slip it is in is only about 7ft deep. I determined that by sounding with a weight on a marked rope. The depth finder says it is in 9ft of water. It is an old Signet unit. Once I can get it back out on the water, I'll verify it is at least working, even if it is not too accurate.

Thanks
Mitch