Registered users don't see ads

Mystified!

Discussion in 'Big Boats' started by Nodak7, Nov 8, 2017. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. gdudik

gdudik

Joined Oct 25, 2017
    12 posts, 5 likes
    Catalina 22
    US Vancouver, WA Vancouver, WA
    Glad to hear pressure tester worked. The one I have also came with a device for using air compressor to pull vacuum on cooling system to fill all the pockets and voids without going through laborious burping procedures.

2. seadaddler

seadaddler

Joined Dec 19, 2006
    5,094 posts, 83 likes
    Hunter 36
    US Punta Gorda
    Sounds good and glad it was just hoses.
    Nick

3. jssailem

jssailem

Joined Oct 22, 2014
    3,367 posts, 658 likes
    CAL 35 Cruiser
    US Salem, Moored Port Everett WA
    Good for you. It is always the something we can not see that will give us a bad day. Good you found it this way "regular maintenance inspection" then thru a sudden failure.
    Happy Sailing.

4. Nodak7

Nodak7

Joined Sep 28, 2008
    902 posts, 7 likes
    Hunter 41DS
    US Punta Gorda, FL
    Well the saga continues! As I was repairing the leak(s) I began inspection of the hose and found it to be in marginal to poor shape. I finally came to the decision that to be confident the hoses would not fail me at a inopportune time now would be the time to change them. On the 41DS these hoses run under the sole plate to the water heater compartment and its a pretty ugly and difficult hose to reach or pull through. Part of it is visible from the void under the galley and some of it is visible from the starboard water tank inspection port. Anyway while pondering this project I realized that if I could lift the water heater and pan out of the way that would give me good access to the hose run. All I needed to do was disconnect the water lines and relief valve hose remove then the 4 hold down screws. I did that and sure enough it will be a much simpler hose (2) pull. FYI if you have to do it again. I am also changing the hoses from hardwall water hose to hardwall engine water hose that is better suited to the temperature.

Attached Files:

5. mistralseattle

mistralseattle

Joined Dec 31, 2011
    117 posts, 11 likes
    Hunter 40.5
    US Seattle
    Did you check your freeze plugs? Some are hard to see. Happened to me.

Hunter faucets and parts
Replacement fixtures, hoses, sprayers, washers, and more.
Hunter strainers and filters
For engines, gensets, AC, and more.
Legend-era interior teak oil
Hunter's original interior teak finish on many boats from the 90's and earlier.
Hunter prop struts and shafts
Everything you need for your power train