My off season project

kito

Sep 13, 2012
1979 Hunter Cherubini 30 Clemmons
I know this is way off topic but wanted to share my latest project.......a pair of Mini Statement speakers. It's cold out so I go to my next love......woodworking and speaker building. I just finished applying the wood cherry veneer and oiled them with........yes.....teak oil. They are sweet!

Attachments

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Alameda CA
Very nice work. Brings back memories. Back in the '80s my friend Bill had a speaker company called Nelson-Reed. They made audiophile systems. The first ones were hand made like yours. For letting him use my table saw on the prototypes, I got a free pair.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Very nice work. Tell us about the drivers and crossovers. Are the enclosures ported?

kito

Sep 13, 2012
Very nice work. Tell us about the drivers and crossovers. Are the enclosures ported?
Yes, ported. The dual woofers are Dayton 7",the mid is a 5" Tang Band, tweeter is a Fountek ribbon. Xover is designed by Curt Holtz. Check out Speaker Design Works. They have some amazing speaker designs.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
[QUOTE="kito, ...I know this is way off topic but wanted to share my latest project...[/QUOTE]

I can't help but wonder, if you knew this was off-topic, why did you post it here instead of the "Off TOPIC" FORUM?

kito

Sep 13, 2012
Sorry mr Ron, I Didn't mean to offend anyone If any one else is offended, please disregard this post!

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
kito,

I think Ron was being facetious. :):):)

I, too, wondered why it was in Sails Call Lounge rather than Ask All Sailors.

Too many "categories" perhaps?

Nice work, great products.

Hope your ears keep up! :)