My 1980 Hunter 30 rennovation

Jun 25, 2013
Hunter 30 Montreal
Here are more pictures of the making of my full enclosure dodger and bimini:

Jun 25, 2013
Hunter 30 Montreal
Here are some details of the making of the back panel for the full enclosure bimini:

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
Sweet enclosure. I wouldn't want to see a quote from a canvas shop to create something that detailed. I was quoted $850 just to redo the canvas on my simple Bimini. I could probably buy a new project boat for what they would charge to build yours.

You obviously put a lot of time, skill and effort into it. Looks like you added screening to some of the isinglass panels. I've been in coastal Canada during the summer months. Does the screening help with the mosquitos, or do they still drive you crazy?

Jun 25, 2013
Hunter 30 Montreal
Hi pateco,

Yes, screens offer a very good protection against mosquitos. On South shore of Montréal, There is a lot, a LOT of mosquitos during end of June until end of July. When we go sailing on the Lake Champlain (New York State and Vermont), there is no more mosquitos... it depends of the period of the year.

Screens are very useful and allow us to stay in the cockpit all the night without getting crazy and appreciating our rhum! They make a nice airflow possible. Since we used them for last summer, I woud'nt get to the boat without! One of my project for next spring is to make a new central window in my dodger with screen to allow more airflow when anchored in a bay.

Sebastien

Jan 24, 2009
1981 Cherubini Hunter 27 Shipwright Harbor Marina, MD
Yes, thanks for taking the time to post all these photos, some good ideas here.

Jun 25, 2013
Hunter 30 Montreal
Hi everyone,

Here a some pictures of the lastest developpements.
I decides to install a inverter. I used the lost space in the quarter bed. Because I wanted to remove the unit from the boat for winter and bring it at home, I made the installation easy to be removable.

More space usable and accessibility to wiring!

I just turn a little bit one of the knob of the quarter port to maintain the panel in place in a vertical position. I did'nt expected that, I just got really locky!!!

A remote control allow me to switch on/of the unit that is connected directly on the distribution panel.

Jun 25, 2013
Hunter 30 Montreal
I decided to sew ma own sail pack. I found the idea at Sailrite videos on Youtube. I'll put more pictures from the boat, I forget my camera last time I get to the marina. Really easy to do compared dodger and bimini!

Zippers are protected from the sun light.

I also decides to add a screen window in my dodger.