Must be a story here...

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
I had to look that one up... According to wikipedia... "An equivalent phrase in North America is "that's what she said".

LOL

:thumbup:
It does reverse, to the more obvious "said the actress to the bishop".

Sep 10, 2012
Hunter 450 Gulfport, Florida
I went through two Scouts in high school, my folks thought it wouldn't go fast enough for me to hurt myself, it was a blast on the frozen lakes, four cylinders in both.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I went through two Scouts in high school, my folks thought it wouldn't go fast enough for me to hurt myself, it was a blast on the frozen lakes, four cylinders in both.
Yes they were a fun truck
Me and my buds took ours to the upper pen Mi and northern wiss many times

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
I had one of those VW's as well I believe it was an 80 with a 5-speed and heated seats, power windows and AC, traded it for a 70 911 T, sure wish I still had the 911 she was in cherry condition by the time I finished restoring her, drove that for 17 seasons and sold it for more than I had into it, but today those old 911's are really expensive collector vehicles.

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
Don'tcha love how the stream of thought is mirrored in forum threads?

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Yup.. I wonder who's Sirocco had the classic melt-down of the fuse panel?

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Yup.. I wonder who's Sirocco had the classic melt-down of the fuse panel?
Mine never did, but I've told the story many times about the recall for Sciroccos starting up and driving away by themselves. Had to do with the relay panel under the dash.

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
Well,since I can' t hardly hurt this thread ( It's already all over the map,..err chart) , I am a diesel Rabbit lover. Bought 1 new in 81, sold it in 2012 to a kid who is rebuilding it.I moved on to an Eos drop top.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
After college, my two deviations from my serious Audi fedish have been to Wolfsburg:

A 1987 Sirocco 16V (the worlds BEST hooligan car)
A 1991 Corrado G60 (the best looking VeeDub ever)

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
As I don't see any other indication of Sahara dust in the photos, I can't say either way.
However, several times a year we get the Sahara dust here in the Caribbean. It's very fine, quite orange as if it came from Mars, and it makes a complete mess of the boat, especially the material of the Bimini and dodger. I've been told that organic creatures can hitch a ride on the stuff and travel from Africa to the Americas. Talk about long distance sailing. Who'da thunk?