Moving up to a 90's H30

Sep 11, 2017
Hunter 22 Boothbay Harbor
My wife and I started to learn to sail last summer on an inland lake with our 1982 H22 which we have loved. We are looking to move up in size with a second boat for the summer in Maine. We would be using it to coastal cruise and day sail in the Atlantic. Eventually looking my to perhaps sail it down to FL or do the Great American Loop.
I am looking at a 1990 H30-2. Any thoughts or advice on what to look for or thigs to be aware of. I will get a survey before purchase.
Help appreciated.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Google "hunter 30-2" and you'll see some earlier threads here on them.
Are you interested in an open transom? Look at the 30T's. We've been pleased with ours. Haven't really challenged her though.

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Google "hunter 30-2" and you'll see some earlier threads here on them.
Are you interested in an open transom? Look at the 30T's. We've been pleased with ours. Haven't really challenged her though.
We have a 1989 30G and it too has the transom cutout. We like it a lot.

Ken

Jul 7, 2010
Hunter 30T Grand Lake, OK
We have the 30T version, like the G but with more headroom inside. Love it. I sail in Oklahoma on large lake and it is awesome, wife loves the comfort items the larger boat has. Good Luck

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
That is a very nice looking boat.
Are you looking for advice on whether or not the H30 is the boat for you or do you want advice on how to look at a boat you are thinking of buying?
First, the H30 should have no trouble coastal sailing from Nova Scotia to Texas and back. Your wide and you should be comfortable aboard her too.
What to look for:
Start with- Get her out of the water to see the side that doesn't see the Sun and take her for a test sail. Work all her parts.

Walk the boat with the surveyor and listen only. The surveyor with teach you a lot.

- Will (Dragonfly)