Registered users don't see ads

Most Beautiful Boat?

Discussion in 'Ask All Sailors' started by Simon Sexton, Jan 11, 2018 at 8:36 AM. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Gunni

Gunni

Joined Mar 16, 2010
    4,488 posts, 632 likes
    Beneteau 411 Oceanis
    US Annapolis
  2. shemandr

shemandr

Joined Jan 1, 2006
    3,017 posts, 281 likes
    Marblehead Skiff 14'
    US Greenport, NY Greenport, NY
    Back to beauty. I think the Concordia Yawl is hard to beat on esthetics. Not a ship of course but we're not limited to that. It's hard to note from pictures but the stern is really very petite. There's a lot going on there with the mizzen mast and planking. It is beautiful in an organic way. The beauty is in the eloquence and functional simplicity of the design. I would also nominate the Schooner Brilliant but I have no pics to submit. How about this Wooden Boat Works creation from here in Aquabogue? Craftsmanship!

Attached Files:

3. Ron20324

Ron20324

Joined Jan 22, 2008
    5,804 posts, 421 likes
    Beneteau 323
    US Annapolis MD
    CWO Spencer M. Greer, (Sailmaster of the USCG Cutter Barque EAGLE, at port in Baltimore) will speak at our Singles on Sailboats brunch on the 21st in Annapolis. Looking forward to it!

4. shemandr

shemandr

Joined Jan 1, 2006
    3,017 posts, 281 likes
    Marblehead Skiff 14'
    US Greenport, NY Greenport, NY
    USCG Eagle has been in Greenport many times. Beautiful. And it's great to see the "Kids" or cadets manning it. I wish I had been smart enough in my youth to join them.

5. Will Gilmore

Will Gilmore

Joined Oct 19, 2017
    843 posts, 247 likes
    O'Day 19
    US Littleton, NH Littleton, NH
    [​IMG]
    S&S racer named Blitzed. Prettiest boat I have ever been aboard. She did not look this good when I knew her.
    This is the boat I helped my father, along with the rest of my family, deliver from where she was found drifting, without her owner, around 1978, off the Texas coast to Clearwater Florida. My family and I joined my father in New Orleans where a number of mishaps and broken equipment forced the owner's widow and my father to call for a tow into port. We sailed her as far as Mobile Bay where a storm cut her anchor rode and we ended up on a sand bar in the middle of the night. I don't believe Dotti, the widow, ever got her farther than Mobile Bay. My father likes to tell people that Blitzen was cursed.
    Her husband was affectionately known as "Hippy Fred" to us Gilmores, and I remember he made a living building custom chopper motorcycles in a little shop annexed to Clark Mill's Marine Ways. He had a dog named Snidely, a tall lanky white dog with black spots and a whip tail. Snidely had been known, if he didn't like you, to catch you at the end of a finger dock and chest-check you into the water. You could practically see him brushing the dirt off his paws as he mosied back to his spot in front of Hippy Fred's garage.

-Will (Dragonfly)

TomY likes this.
  6. Will Gilmore

Will Gilmore

Joined Oct 19, 2017
    843 posts, 247 likes
    O'Day 19
    US Littleton, NH Littleton, NH
    Let me also put in a vote for TomY's Alden. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL:rolleyes:

-Will (Dragonfly)

7. thinwater

thinwater

Joined Mar 26, 2011
    1,660 posts, 207 likes
    Corsair F-24 MK I
    US Deale, MD
    Although I only want to own composites, who cannot be draw to wood? But it is more than that.

A Herrshoff design
    [​IMG]

Will Gilmore and Gunni like this.
  8. Ron20324

Ron20324

Joined Jan 22, 2008
    5,804 posts, 421 likes
    Beneteau 323
    US Annapolis MD
    Honalee... from "Puff the Magic Dragon"!

Stainless documentation placard
Who said a documentation placard cant be beautiful? Brushed stainless with laser-fused numerals.
Too hot? INSTANT BIMINI ESTIMATES
Low prices, custom fit, no-wait estimates
Teak companionway doors
Amazing artisan quality, custom made to fit your boat.
Gray ports and parts
The most popular port on boats built from the 70s into the 90s.