Moorage

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom Lukas

Belfast, Maine

Mooring fee in Belfast Harbor is $50.00 per season. Mooring needs to be inspected every 2 years. Showers, fuel, and pumpout available. For shore power I need about a 1000' extention cord. We rarely stay overnight in the harbor, its usually somewhere else in Penobscot Bay. There's a common area for tender storage.

E

Eric

In water 5-6 months

We pay $1000 for the season (May - October) in Port Clinton, OH for a 25' dock for our Hunter 22. We have just purchased a Hunter 27 and will be paying just over $1200 per season for her 30' dock.

P

pat coakley

slip fee's

A 34' foot slip costs me $219.80 a month plus electricity $15/$18 month in the St.Pete city marina,heads w/ showers&good security,located at the city pier.Can sail out of any time no bridges,no shallows,open water to the Gulf of Mexico. Pat/Shadowfox

C

Colonel John W. Day

Old Point Comfort Marina, Fort Monroe, Virginia

I pay $96.95 for my lighted, 27 Foot Hunter slip at the Old Point Comfort Marina. That includes free AC power and fresh water, locked, patrolled gates at the entry to each slip walkway (about fifty slips per walkway), a small store, a small restaurant, limited MX and haul out for smaller boats, free sewage pumpout, and diesel/gas. All their slips rise and lower with the tides. I suspect I will never see anything better.

W

Wayne

$1.59 per ft. per mo. in NC

After initial purchase, of a building lot or townhome in a private gated community, a slip comes with each property purchase. 3/4 acre Building lots start at around $30,000. I got greedy and bought a 29 acre building lot and plan to build a retirement home in the future. I pay $650 per year maintenance fee which includes electricity and water. This amounts to $1.59 per ft. per month Also includes use of swimming pool, clubhouse, tennis courts, fenced storage area, dingy dock and storage ramp, use of maintenance raft (for waxing sides of hull or other similar maintenance) lavatory - showers, mariner's library and free do it yourself pump out equipment. Haul out / repair facilities are near by for extra cost. Lots of organized activities and membership in the yacht club for the staggering amount of $15 a year.

B

Bruce

For real "high rent" check out NYC ...

How about almost $3000 for a slip for the season for a 27' boat! I'm on the NJ side of the Hudson River across from downtown NYC in Jersey City -- Chelsea Piers in NYC wyould be about $5000! With what NYC apartment rents are like, it probably makes financial sense to buy a BIGGER boat and live on it!

R

Ron

Buying our Slip

We are paying $240.00 per month for the slip we are in now, but are going to buy the slip next to us. It is 45ft with floating docks, water, 50 amp power. There is a club house, security gates, a pool and lots of great people. We are close (too close I think) to a major waterfront activity center with restraurants, shops, bars and bands. Fortunately we are far enough away we don't get the spill over traffic. Cost of the slip is $15,000 with a $118.00 per month maintainence fee.

R

Rick Webb

Col Day

You forgot to mention the concerts at the gazebo during the summers.

P

Paul Akers

Narragansett Bay, RI

Prices vary, but at our yard the fee if summer slip storage is $75/ft. This includes showers, laundry, pool, marina cookou, free exchange privledges at sister marinas and plenty of advise. Also the other boat people at our marina are great/helpful. The social aspects and friendships of a marina are priceless.

H

HOW Editorial

Final Results

Final results of the quick quiz ending 7/31/2000. How much do you pay for marina moorage? Over $10 per ft per month 21% $6 to $9 30% $3 to $5 29% Under $3 11%

Status
Not open for further replies.