Monterey Bay Cruise

Jul 25, 2016
Catalina 22 Sacramento
Hi All!
I want to let everyone know that Fleet 4's first cruise of the year is scheduled for January 12-15 on Monterey Bay. We had a great cruise last year with lots of porpoises, whales, and otters swimming along side our boats. We sail on Saturday and Sunday and staying at the Municipal Marina, which is close to everything in town. Lots of berths are available ($16/night, plus $16 for parking).

Everyone is welcomed to join us! Drop me a note if you want any more information.

Cheers!
Kevin

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
[QUOTE="Everyone is welcomed to join us! [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the invitation. Sounds like fun. How many of us can you fit on your boat?:biggrin:

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
Man that sounds like fun! Every time I hear about a fleet event I want to go but alas there are no fleets in my region:wahwah:.

Hope you all have a great event!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Man that sounds like fun! Every time I hear about a fleet event I want to go but alas there are no fleets in my region:wahwah:.

Are you sailing a C22? Trailer? From my position, your already halfway there. NH is almost as far away as one can get from this regata event and still be on the same land mass.
Have some fun for me, please. :plus:

- Will (Dragonfly)

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Alameda CA
You will have a fun time. We've sailed down from the bay about 12 times and it was always great.

Jul 25, 2016
Catalina 22 Sacramento

To be honest, our fleet is struggling with declining interest in sailing. Our membership seems to be holding steady, gaining a couple and losing a couple folks each year. However, we can't get many boats to show up for a cruise. If any of you have any ideas on how to drive membership and generate interest in cruises, I am all ears!

Jul 25, 2016
Catalina 22 Sacramento
You will have a fun time. We've sailed down from the bay about 12 times and it was always great.
That is something I want to do next year. I am not sure if I should attempt it in my Catalina 22 though. I might by breaking it down to a several day adventure, weather permitting. I think a Half Moon Bay to Santa Cruz to Monterey could be done with a little planning, prep, and a big spoonful of courage.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Alameda CA
That is something I want to do next year. I am not sure if I should attempt it in my Catalina 22 though. I might by breaking it down to a several day adventure, weather permitting. I think a Half Moon Bay to Santa Cruz to Monterey could be done with a little planning, prep, and a big spoonful of courage.
Exactly. And don't forget Moss Landing too. Lot's of places to eat and antique (spelled junque) stores too.

We are having the same issues with declining interest in sailing. For many folks it's just too time consuming in this age of many things to do.

Oct 31, 2017
Catalina 22 8728 Trailered
And I might be interested in joining you for that next year. She (I) just wasn't ready for this trip yet, still cleaning and fixing, no radios, etc.

Say KC, I joined the Assoc last month - will someone from Fleet 4 be contacting me? I'd like to find out when meetings and gatherings and such are.

Cheers

Sep 19, 2017
Catalina 22 Porterville, CA
Sounds like fun! I'll have to pull my boat over sometime. I'm in Porterville (Central Valley).