Metalmast 30

Mar 26, 2015
Metalmast 30 Rappahannock River
Hey guys,

I just purchased a Metalmast 30 in fantastic condition. I can't find much conversation about this boat on the internet. Does anyone have any experience with, or knowledge about this boat? It seems to be very solid. Thanks in advance.

Salty Craig

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Crickets. Maybe you can supply some links to get some conversation started.

Mar 26, 2015
Haha yep, crickets.... The reason is, there was only 20 of this model built. Metalmast is a mast and rigging manufacturer that built boats for a while but never got a big name established on the water. There's a good chance that many of the boats that are owned by these forum members have Metalmast masts and rigging, etc. They built 6-8 different models over a 10 or more year span. Tons of info online about their products even to this day, but not enough owners to strike up a conversation with. I will see if I'm smart enough to place a link to the sailboat data page that has the specifics. I fear we may hear a lot more crickets. Thanks for replying. At least you read my post!!

Salty Craig

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
my s2 9.2 a has a metal mast and boom and a friend of mine has a southern cross with the same mast and boom ...they have been out of business for a good while now...i think rigright is servicing the parts now

Mar 26, 2015
image-2088606128.jpg Here she is. Brand new floor. Made from vinyl decking boards. Will never have damp smelling plywood again. Left small gaps for bilge ventilation.

Attachments

Feb 13, 2004
Hunter 37.5 Plattsburgh, NY
Original owner

Hey guys,

I just purchased a Metalmast 30 in fantastic condition. I can't find much conversation about this boat on the internet. Does anyone have any experience with, or knowledge about this boat? It seems to be very solid. Thanks in advance.

Salty Craig
Hi, Craig. My husband and I are the original owners of your Metalmast,hull number 7. I can provide you with some info. Alice

Mar 26, 2015
Re: Original owner

I'm so happy that you have chimed in!! We just finished our maiden voyage from near Annapolis Maryland to the Rappahannock River. What a boat! She moves well in light wind and tracks like she's on steel rails. If the wind would have been better, we would've made the 125 mile trip in short order. The auto pilot and Bimini top made the cold weather and rain something we could tolerate. I can't wait to try her out in some real wind and sunshine. I got your PM and will see if I'm smart enough to reply. I DO want to get info from you about this boat. Thanks

Craig

Oli

Jun 23, 2022
Kramer 24 Niantic
Hi Salty Craig I’m considering a Metalmast 30 in the Boston area. Are you around to comment on the boat? Thanks. OCS