Merriman Deck Organizer Sheaves help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2010
Hunter 310 Lighthouse Landing Resort and Marina
Hi Gang,
I have an '84 Hunter 27 and could use some help locating replacement sheaves.

I have broken sheaves for the Merriman 2 sheave deck organizers. I have been searching like crazy, and can't find exact replacements. I have looked at rig-rite and others but wanted to know if anyone has found the exact replacements anywhere.

I don't want to change the organizers, drilling new holes etc. so anyone that can point me in the right direction would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Barrett

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Contact Mark at Garhauer Marine. I believe that they will custom drill you some deck organizers at a very reasonable price.

Nov 8, 2007
Hunter 27_75-84 Sandusky Harbor Marina, Ohio
Local Rigger

If you know a local rigger, he may have a bin of replaced hardware you can paw through, then take for little or nothing.

We got most of our new deck hardware this way.

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
Merriman is long out of business, but Schaefer has equipment nearly the same dimension as Merriman. I bet their sheaves will work well. They have them in the Schaefer catalog, which you can find on line.

Scott

Sep 24, 1997
Hunter 31_83-87 Middle River, Md
Garhaur custom made deck organizers that with measurements fit perfectly in the old holes. Cost was about 65% of harken, sheaffer, or anyone else. Have been on our boat for ~6 years now and work perfectly. We've replaced nearly all blocks, etc., with Garhar equipment. Garhaur is, IMHO, is the way to go.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
I doubt you will find a better price on organizers of equal quality to the Garhauer units even if they charge a custom setup. If you need anything else to convince you they also have a 10 year warranty on their products.

Status
Not open for further replies.