Maybe next time...

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
I recall seeing a successful "row Atlantic" boat on the museum pier in San Francisco..

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
:laugh:

I mean, it has been demonstrated that the space isn't necessary to make the trip. Wouldn't it be easier and faster rowing of they down sized their tonnage a little?

- Will (Dragonfly)

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
the #1 issue for rowing across is salt boils on the skin. being able to clean the salt off is huge. hence, a cuddy to hide from the salt. ..... so i have read

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
the #1 issue for rowing across is salt boils on the skin. being able to clean the salt off is huge. hence, a cuddy to hide from the salt. ..... so i have read
How about the AiT? There are a few, such as Sven Yevind, who sail great distances in tiny boats. I would think a much skinnier and lighter boat would make the adventure easier.
I don't know why, but I find the idea of Around in Ten, a captivating idea. Then, I think about giant squid and I think, 'OOUAHHHHHH!':puke:

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
A few years ago at the spring Annapolis Boat show there was a young woman there that had rowed across the Atlantic. Two water tight compartments with just enough room to sit in between the halves. I thought she said weeks rather than months to get across and the route was Canaries to the Caribbean. My google search has several women making the trip.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
In this case, I believe the word "sail" is being used as a verb, not a noun. Wonderful language, English is.

jwing

Jun 5, 2014
ODay Mariner Guntersville
Yes. 'Butcher' is a noun that can be uesd as a verb, too. Example: "That FoxNews reporter butchers the English language."

The last sentence of the article mentions another rower attempting an Atlantic crossing. Compare the FoxNews version to the BBC version:

FoxNews: "Niall Iain Macdonald, of Stornoway, is currently on his third attempt. He set sail from Norfolk, Virginia, nearly two weeks ago."

BBC News: "Another Scot, Niall Iain Macdonald, is making a separate bid to row from the US to Scotland. Mr Macdonald, who is making his third attempt in four years at completing the feat, set out from Virginia and is aiming for Stornoway in Lewis."