Mast rake on C275

Mar 20, 2012
Hunter 28.5 leach lake Walker mn.
I purchased one of the first C275's. So I was on my own when it came to fine tuning the rig. Not sure how many C275's have been sold but I'm hoping to add to the collective knowledge about this boat. I like all the running rigging,(I made one small modification). my main question is about the standing rigging. The fore stay length is not adjustable, This limits the ability to (significantly) adjust mast rake. Have any C275 owners attempted to adjust mast rake? I know on many boats mast rake affects performance greatly. Do we know if all the C275 mast's have the same rake. I believe the dealer assembles the for-stay furler when they commission the boat. There is an easy way to check mast rake. By attaching a small weight to the main halyard shackle, and measuring how far back on the boom the halyard hangs from the mast. The further back it hangs the more rake you have. (note this must be done with the boat floating.). Your thoughts/comments and (rake) measurements are welcome.

Azure

Mar 5, 2017
Catalina 275 Sport 1 San Francisco
I found this topic after posting in the 275 section. The mast rake on Hull #1 is 13 1/2" measured from the mast at the mast band. What is your rake?
I also measured the max hoist, shackle to shackle for the headsail It is 32' 6", the halyard shackle is bent on with a bowline.

Mar 20, 2012
Hunter 28.5 leach lake Walker mn.
My boat is stored (mast down) in a pole barn for the winter! I wont be able to measure it till late April. I will let you know then. Do you do any PERF racing? if so what number do you get? can you be competitive with that number? Are you using the factory Doyle sails? (Self tacking? or not?). Sorry for all the Questions, I'm anxious for spring and there are very few 275 owners. PS I have hull #2.