Mast Erection Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2010
Chrysler 22 Bon Aqua, TN
I am looking for a Mast Erection Pin for a C-22. Just bought my boat, and of course that one minor piece is missing? Any suggestions....

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
Not sure what you mean by a mast erection pin. Chrysler used a cast aluminum square peg that had a little bend in it. The base of the mast had a rectangular slot which you placed over the peg and then you walked the mast up (with the side stays and backstay attached, of course). If you have a mast base that takes a pin, then it was changed from the original design and you have to give us more info as to what type of hinge arrangement you have. You can always get a bolt the right diameter and length (stainless is best) to get you buy. If you use a mild steel bolt, use it only temporarily until you get the SS bolt or pin. More info, please. Then I might be able to help.

Jul 17, 2009
Endeavour/Chrysler E-32/C-22 swimming pool
If your talking about the pin needed for the gin pole in to the base of the mast for raising the mast, I found short rod stock at Lowes that worked well.
Ken come join us at www.chryslersailors.com

Sep 19, 2010
Chrysler 22 Bon Aqua, TN
Bill, The base is there, it os for the gin pole, to attach the boom to the mast during the raising. Mario, good idea I will check that. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.