Mast / Deck Light - Recognize?

Jan 5, 2018
Hunter H34 0828 New Orleans
Hunter 34 - 1986: Does anyone recognize this Mast/Deck light? The deck light portion is out, and wanted to be able to source the bulbs.

Was thinking it was a Aqua Signal Series 25 Classic??
Mast.Deck.Light.jpg

Thank you - - Shannon

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Yup.. ya rite ! Series 25.. problem is that the deck light bulb does not have a lens to protect it so the base will corrode and it won't work or the bulb burns out from trash on the halogen enclosure.. West Marine usually has the bulbs on hand ..

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
Or, if you want to change it out completely, Marinebeam has and LED replacement, I think. SBO store may have one too.

Jan 5, 2018
Hunter H34 0828 New Orleans
Or, if you want to change it out completely, Marinebeam has and LED replacement, I think. SBO store may have one too.
Yes, I saw the MarineBeam one - - will probably switch out - - it's about $60...

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
...light bulb does not have a lens to protect it so the base will corrode and it won't work .....
I found a small (about the size of a wet-wipe) pack of bulb grease at Auto Zone or another store. it was right at the checkout counter. Probably the same as No-Ox or such.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
If not the Aqua Signal it could be a Perko. Very similar.

Aqua Signal has an exposed bulb. They learned that putting a lense cover on the deck light captured and filled the space with water shorting out the light bulb quicker than no lense and corrosion. Be sure to use a coating. Vaseline, dielectric grease, corrosion block grease. Something to extend the time from install to replacement of the bulb. That is also an inevitable occurrence.

Jul 12, 2011
Leopard 40 Jupiter, Florida
On the topic of 'exposed bulb', I was very worried about the new LED bulb falling out of the fixture as it's only held in there by friction. I ran a bead of 3M 4200 around the bulb base (the ultimate water exclusion!), and put a stainless wire across the bulb running from one side of the fixture housing to the other. I figure the LED bulb will outlast the plastic holder (and the boat, for that matter). BTW: That MarineBeam LED replacement is BRIGHT -- almost to the point of annoyance. My foredeck is like a stage now.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Parsons sounds like you foredeck is lit like a fishing boat. Boy that can confuse those guys out on the water.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
BTW: That MarineBeam LED replacement is BRIGHT -- almost to the point of annoyance. My foredeck is like a stage now.
I installed the same MB light and agree. Much brighter than I expected. Too bad they don't offer it with a color changing LED;);)

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Our boat has a combo fixture as well. Tack changes with a 150 genoa wiped away the original deck light lens before we took possession. To prevent losing the new LED marine beam bulb I fabricated and mounted an aluminum bar to protect the bulb from genoa slap during tack changes. To help hold the bulb in its socket I secured a very small adjustable SS clamp around the outer part of the socket. That was a year and several tack changes later. So far so good. Came in handy during those regular after-dark winter deck sweeps while at anchor.

https://store.marinebeam.com/high-powered-ba9s-deck-steaming-light-led-ba-9s-5w/