Marvair Seamach on the fritz

Apr 6, 2004
Hunter 49 Downers Grove, IL
I'm afraid that I already know the answer to this, but figured that I'd ask anyway.

Closed about 2 weeks ago on a 2007 H49 with 3 Marvair units. All tested fine during the survey/sea trial and worked the first weekend on the boat. Last weekend, the aft unit showed nothing at the thermostat/controller. Had power to the unit, but nothing on the display. Aft unit had a MachAir I controller, mid cabin had a O-touch controller. Thought "Maybe a controller issue?" Plugged the O-touch into aft cable, it lit up and "flashed" briefly and then nothing. And of course now, it won't work on the mid-cabin unit. Oops, expensive mistake? The older MachAir I from the back fortunately seems to be controlling the mid-cabin now.

So my question(s) for those that have these and may have run into challenges -
Aft cabin circuit board likely blown? Repairable/replaceable? Marvair doesn't seem to be in the marine A/C business any more.
O-touch controller blown?

Any experience or opinions are more than welcome.

T J

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
Congrats on your new boat!
You are correct, Marvair no longer in business. I think it was bought out by Dometic.
Had 3 Marvair units on Hunter 50, changed out aft A/C to Webasto when I bought the boat, 3 1/2 years ago. 2 months ago exchanged display not being used in aft cabin to mid cabin. Before exchange I could not change temperature, now all works correct. Please post a photo of display, I think replacement is available from Dometic.