Mantus Anchor

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
It is not my intent to start an anchor debate or discussion. Instead I am just being lazy and thought I would ask if a 35 lb or even a 45 lb Mantus anchor will fit on the bow roller of the Catalina 310? I don't want to assume and I realize I could print out the template and measure but if anyone has already done this I would appreciate knowing if either or both will fit.
TIA,
bob

KZW

May 17, 2014
Catalina 310 #307 Bluewater Bay, FL
A Ronca 45lb anchor fits on my bow roller. However, it lives in the dock box and will be used when forced to anchor out for Tropical Storm / Hurricane. For that purpose, 45 lb isn't too heavy. I have 100 ft of chain and 200 ft of rode to go with it. It is my fondest hope I will never need to use it.
A Fortress FX-16 lives in the bow roller for normal use

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
We live on our anchor much of the time. It's a 35 pound Manson Supreme. If we were buying today I would probably get the Mantus. I had to take the bail off the anchor roller and I don't think I would have to with the Mantus.

We were at anchor during a storm watching a tornado coming right at us. The wind instrument topped out at 55 knots. Local news put it at 75-80 knots. We have never drag with at least 5:1 scope out. So I don't know if the 45 pounder is necessary and I would never want to hand haul that anchor.

The chain is about chafe. We used 30 feet with a 10 pound mushroom as a kettle to keep the keel wraps away for the whole east coast. We switched to 140 feet of chain for the Bahamas and the Caribbean due to chafe from coral.

Just our experience.

Good luck and fair winds

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
I have one. Much stronger than standard old school swivels. My Mantus always comes up in correct orientation.

Les

teammt

Oct 12, 2009
Catalina C320 Bay Bridge Marina, Stevensville, MD
We have a 35 lb Rocna on our bow roller.

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
We have a 35lb Manson Supreme and it fits fine!

Apr 1, 2004
Catalina 34 Herring Bay Chesapeake, MD
Just purchase a larger bail if required, different sizes are available.

Just a thought,

Steve

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
We have a longer bow roller, PO had a Danforth, we had got rid of that for my wifes birthday present-Manson Supreme!!!