Making lazy jacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill

I would like to make a set of lazy jacks for my C-30. Can anyone share details of this project with me? Thanks.

cmorin

Nov 10, 2004
- - Falmouth, ME
Lazy Jacks

Hey Bill, I am not an expert by any means but the set I made are as follows: 1. From about 3 feet above the spreaders I have a pad eye with a very small block attached. 2. Through this block I have 1/4" line. This line is long enough to go from the deck up through the block and than about half way down the mast again. I have a block attached to one end of this line. The tail end has extra line to allow me to pull the block all the way to the boom. This allows me to stow the jacks out of the way if I so choose. 3. Through this block, I have another line. One end of this line is attached to the boom with a pad eye while the other end has block attached. 4. Finally I have a third line passing through this block that is attached to the boom at both ends. I do not know the lengths of these lines. I eyeballed it when I was making the system. sorry So what it looks like is: I have one line that is split into two lines that is in turn split again into 2 lines. All together there are three lines attached to the boom . This may sound like a little over kill but when I upgrade to a full batten mainstail, I want the set up to really keep the heavy battens on the mast. I had to cut slits in the mainsail cover to allow for the snaps to let the cover fit well. Lazy jacks are sweet, dropping, flaking and covering the mainsail is now a one person job. This must sound very very confusing. If you have any questions let me know. I will try to locate a picture or diagram of this. Good luck CM

Status
Not open for further replies.