Major forum update coming

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
We're down a few feet. The water in the marina parking lot is only knee deep now. :(
PS: I'd be happy to be a beta tester as well.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Aaaarrrghhhh! Not again!!
I feel your pain. We don't like it either but it's the nature of technology. Seems to change faster each year. But if it didn't we'd still be looking at cra... uh, sites, like this. :)

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 1.54.55 PM.png

Mar 29, 2017
Hunter 30t 9805 littlecreek
I love this existing site like it is no pop ups on side screen and it doesn't use a lot of bandwidth For those of us out in boon docks internet is slow on all other sites but this one O well change is inevitable

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
no pop ups on side screen and it doesn't use a lot of bandwidth
Users say the new version is faster, which _might_ mean smaller page loads. But we're not planning any changes to or additions of pop-ups and ads. The end product shouldn't be heavier or slower.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
So is it like....me getting a new set of sails feeling?
Yes... but sometimes it also feels like someone moved the main sheet to the other side of the boat, too. We're hoping to avoid that feeling as much as possible. ;)

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
I love the software that this forum is running on. It's simple yet highly functional. It would be nice if the format buttons weren't hosted on google's servers

Sep 15, 2013
Catalina 270 Baltimore
I don't know if this has anything to do with the impending upgrade, and maybe its just me but this site has been moving very slowly for the last few days.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Shouldn't a problem today but we were moving huge chunks of data the past 2 days, like 50 gigs. That'll slow stuff down for sure. But not today.

Dec 29, 2008
Treworgy 65' LOA Custom Steel Pilothouse Staysail Ketch St. Croix, Virgin Islands
What else you got to do?
Well, rebuild the genset, change the oil, replace the rudder shaft packing, replace some old LED lights that I installed 8 years ago and never were of good quality, recane a cabinet door, repair a nav light, replace the wind instrument, finish removing an old heater in the forecastle (certainly don't need heat down here, unless it drops below 80 - brrrrr!), service the autopilot, you know, just odds 'n ends...

Last edited: