Mainsheet and Traveller Rigging for Catalina 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Donna duHoffmann

I have a question. I recently purchased a 1974 Catalina 22 and would like to get a diagram of how to rig the mainsheet and traveller

R

Ray Bowles

"Catalina Direct" is your answer.

Donna, We just bought a 80 Cat 22 this summer and I found this company called "Catalina Direct". For $13.90 (including shipping) they have a 150 page book on Cat 22's only. It has most everything known about parts, rigging, problems and solutions either there or on their site. Also available is an owners manual. They also have expert advise and tech knowledge. The catalog has mast raising instructions etc. If you would rather just have a drawing of the items you asked about I could send them to you but I really recommend their book. It showed us two critical items we needed to know about our boat that were "Fix These Right Now" items. The site is www.catalinadirect.com Good luck, Ray

Ken

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 22 P. P. Y. C.
mainsheet rigging

try this site, you should get most of what your looking for. although its for a 1987 the mainsheet is still basically the same. I have a 81 and I rerouted my traveler to the coamings, works much better than what it had when I bought it. http://www.catalina22.org/manuals/mnl87/handbook.htm#4.0

B

Bob B.

Modified traveler

Hi Donna: 1980 C22 The previous owner had a 2" X 6" plank bolted across the seats right up against the bridge deck to support the traveler track. It was in my way. When the backstay tang showed signs of pulling right through the transom fiberglas cap, I decided to make a new traveler/backstay bracket. The traveler support is 4' long & made of 10 gauge SS. It is held in place by two "U" brackets bolted through the transom. The backstay bracket is bolted to it. Maybe a bit of overkill but it works great. Everything that I make seems to be extra heavy duty!! Regards, Bob B.

B

Bob B.

Modified traveler photo

My photo disappeared on the last response.

Status
Not open for further replies.