MacGregor 25 sailing video

Sep 25, 2008
Macgregor & Island Packet VENTURE 25 & IP-38 NORTH EAST, MD
Took the Mac down to the Keys in April. Sailed up and down Biscayne Bay, stopping at Elliott Key Park, Boca Chita, and No Name Harbor. It is the perfect sailing grounds for a small sailboat. Just like the Chesapeake Bay, but much bluer and cleaner water. Highly recommend to all you Mac owners. Here is the link to a short video from the trip

May 16, 2011
Macgregor V-25 Charlton, MA- Trailer
Took the Mac down to the Keys in April. Sailed up and down Biscayne Bay, stopping at Elliott Key Park, Boca Chita, and No Name Harbor. It is the perfect sailing grounds for a small sailboat. Just like the Chesapeake Bay, but much bluer and cleaner water. Highly recommend to all you Mac owners. Here is the link to a short video from the trip
Nice Cus!!

Sep 25, 2008
That's actually not a preventer, it's my dual mainsheet setup. A proper preventer would attach to the end of the boom.

Oct 7, 2013
MacGregor 25 Newport
Nice clip, Can you post some pics of your mainsheet setup? I want to put a Bimini on the back of our 25 and it looks like your rig is the way to go for that!

Sep 25, 2008
My bimini doesn't interfere with the mainsheet at all. The bimini goes forward from where the boom ends to right at the companionway hatch. This is the best picture I have of the bimini and mainsheet together. There are plenty of videos on my Utube channel that show the setup.