Mac 25 standing rigging question

Nov 19, 2018
macgregor m25 puerto vallarta
DSC04407 (800x450).jpg Hello again folks,can anyone out there tell me if these button type wire stops on each side of the end caps at the spars are standard on these boats & if these stops are supposed to be there then how tight should the screws going through the end caps be ? Thank's in advance for any info as i am in Mexico & Macs are few & far between so info is limited. You guys have been life savers for me !

Cmackg

May 5, 2018
Macgregor 25 Home
Mine do not have a stop - the rigging runs through the plastic cap ends. I think the proper set up is tight but not locked for the stays.

Nov 19, 2018
Thank's for the reply ! I'm hoping some others will post on this also.

Cmackg

May 5, 2018
Macgregor 25 Home
It looks like the P.O. made a splice instead of replacing the entire stay.

Nov 19, 2018
No, it wasn't a splice because i had it replaced about a year & a half ago with brand new 5/32" 1x19 316 wire rope & had it swagged by a professional but i think what led to the failure was due to me having to go to a machine shop here & have an end cap made for the portside spar. They made it out of bronze & cut a 'V' in it instead of a 'U' & left a burr on it which led to the failure of the wire which is a lick on me & the person who swagged it for not seeing it. Thanks again !