Mac 25 Bow Eye

Feb 5, 2010
MacGregor 25 Oroville, WA
I need to access the bow eye from inside and am not sure where to cut into the liner. Anyone have a picture or some measurements? Thanks. 1985 M25

Jun 24, 2010
Macgregor 25 Northeast, MD
I installed a round inspection port to access my bow eye. Sorry but I don't have a photo right now. But I believe it is about 12"to 15" up from the bottom.

Feb 8, 2017
MacGregor MacGregor 25 Middle River
Hey VWJon,

I bought my 1985 Mac 25 brand new and I'm still sailing it in the Chesapeake Bay Area! I had an issue with the bow eye after I'd owned it for about 10 years. Because I'd been trailering it all over the place and launching and retrieving it on some pretty minimal (shallow) ramps, and winching it up on the boards, the area around the bolt started getting seriously worn. On my boat, there is a padded board across the top of the liner at the bow, which, when removed, gave me good enough access to everything, so I was able to easily make the repairs necessary. I would be surprised if there wasn't enough room for you to get to whatever you need to through there. This was a factory panel and these boats should be fairly identical. Let me know what the issue is - I've been in absolutely every inch of that boat. Cheers!

BTW, is that a '64 Beetle in your picture? I ran a '65 VW bus for years - what a great vehicle, but certainly didn't like going fast!!

Feb 5, 2010
MacGregor 25 Oroville, WA
101_2472.JPG

Hey VWJon,

BTW, is that a '64 Beetle in your picture? I ran a '65 VW bus for years - what a great vehicle, but certainly didn't like going fast!!
Thanks for the reply. The bug is a 1970 body with a 36 hp based engine with turbo and other hot rod stuff. My brother Jerry is the builder and owner. He races it at Bonneville salt flats.
101_2472.JPG