LP gas problem

Dec 18, 2016
Hunter 306 ft lauderdale
My LP gas is not working. I assumed possibly the solenoid so i disconnected it. with the wires that power the solenoid stripped I turned battery to both, Nav station for LP gas to on, then toggled the LP gas on the side of the galley sink to on. I placed the volt meter on the exposed ends of the wires to the LP gas compartment and read no voltage. Should I assume possibly the fuse. I tried to open the fuse holder which is a push in configuration with a small slot on the top. I was not able to open. anyone with any ideas please. tom

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Both your Nav Station breaker switch and the remote switch by the galley should have red indicator lights to show if there is power flowing through them. Would need to know if one or both light up or not when both switches are turned on, of course make sure the 12V master breaker switch is also on. Not familiar with the Catalina fixtures; is the fuse that you refer to located in the galley panel? Does it reset or is it just a fuse holder? If a fuse holder insert a flat head screw into the slot, push in and turn counter clockwise. Replace the fuse and power the circuit, beware that if there is a short in the circuit or the solenoid the replacement fuse may blow right away. These solenoids run hot but if it burns to the touch it is time to replace it. Hope this helps some.