Looking for replacement 3 blade prop for my 1994 Legend 40.5 with Yanmar

Dec 10, 2014
Hunter Legend 40.5 Naples, FL
My prop is pitting and loosing bits. I understand the electrolysis in my marina (Marco Island, FL) is very bad, and my old prop is not holding up.
Anyone out there that has one laying in their garage or storage?
if not, do you know the dimensions of the 3-blade prop? I am looking otherwise into a Michigan Wheel prop. Or the one for sale by the Hunter shop.

Thanks,
Gerton

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
My prop is pitting and loosing bits. I understand the electrolysis in my marina (Marco Island, FL) is very bad, and my old prop is not holding up.
Thanks,
Gerton
I've taken to unplugging the boat whenever not on it (not just switching off). This can "disconnect" you from the stray currents I've been told, and perhaps reduce electrolysis. Use solar panel if I need to keep up the batteries for long absence.

KG

Dec 10, 2014
Hi Dave,

I didn't know that it is a Michigan Wheel. That makes things a lot easier.
What are the dimensions so that I can compare with what I currently have?
Size, pitch, shaft size, ???
Thanks,
Gerton

Dec 10, 2014
Hi KG,

this is SW Florida: 85 degrees and at least 100% humidity all the time. I need to run the A/C to at least keep the humidity down, and I like my beer cold, so me fridge and freezer are also on. This requires the house batteries to be charged via shore power. during the times we are not underway, as I don't have solar or wind.
Gerton

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Yeah-- I lived in St. Petersburg for 11 years with a boat in Bayboro Hbr and marina; so I know that (humidity) story, although Naples is more tropical like. However, many other boats in similar usage may explain why the marina is so "hot" for electrolysis. An 85-watt solar panel costs much less than the replacement propeller I saw listed; one that size might keep up the fridge. Use an external unit for minimum A/C plugged directly to shore power (i.e., NOT via the boat's 120v AC outlets) while in the slip so you can unplug the boat itself. You may be getting other electrolysis damage.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2007
-Hunter 1995 - 40.5 Hunter Saint Andrews, NB, Canada
I have one that came off of my 1995 -40.5 Legend, please PM me for a good deal.