Registered users don't see ads

Looking for Newport 30 parts, links, any information can help me.

Discussion in 'Newport' started by jfbs67, Feb 23, 2016. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. jfbs67

jfbs67

Joined Jul 29, 2011
    4 posts, 0 likes
    Capital Yachts Inc Newport 30 / N30
    US Maryland St. Leonard
    I am looking to restore my new 1980 Newport 30 sailboat. Any recommendation where to find parts, information, anything related to the boat?

It is been hard for me to find anything related to Capital Yachts INC and Newport 30

2. David in Sandusky

David in Sandusky

Joined Nov 8, 2007
    907 posts, 45 likes
    Hunter 27_75-84
    US Sandusky Harbor Marina, Lake Erie
    In maintaining and upgrading our '77 h27 for 16 years, I have never come across a part or sub-system that was unique to my boat, to Hunter, or that I couldn't source somewhere. Oh, and having the original Hunter documents doesn't tell me anything I can't find out by crawling around on my boat. Here are some sources to help you:

- this site. Just tell us what you are trying to do, include some pictures of the subsystem in question, and you will usually have a good solution or two from us. That is really our principle activity on this site.

- the West Marine online catalog has many of the parts you will need.

- the folks at the ship's store on this site either have or can find almost anything.

- I have made friends with my sailmaker, his rigger partner, and our local diesel mechanic. All have been very free with their advice, especially when I was learning about my boat.

Good luck with your project boat. I hope you can sail her soon!

3. Calif. Ted

Calif. Ted

Joined Jun 8, 2004
    1,941 posts, 52 likes
    Catalina 320
    US Dana Point
    There is a website for Capital Yachts that has some info on the boats. A lot of the companies that supplied parts to the boat building industry in California no longer exist.
    http://capitalyachts.info/

4. jfbs67

jfbs67

Joined Jul 29, 2011
    4 posts, 0 likes
    Capital Yachts Inc Newport 30 / N30
    US Maryland St. Leonard
    Thank you all so much for your quick response. My first good news about my project is my Universal 5416 is running like a champion as my Kubota dealer shop guy said, after being sitting for 6 years out of the water :)

5. Craig Allison - PSH

Craig Allison - PSH

Joined Jan 17, 2017
    1 posts, 0 likes
    Newport 30-2
    US Columbia City, OR St. Helens, OR
    I'm with a Port District in NW Oregon, and we own a recreational marina on the Columbia River. We have a 1975 Newport 30-2 that we are "parting out" - disposing of. It's been derelict for several years and is well beyond restoration. However, I have some decent parts: winches, travelers, boom, spinnaker pole, sails (condition uncertain), cleats, pulleys, various fittings and hardware. Unfortunately, probably no interior stuff or mechanical that's any good -- but ask and I'll check. Reply here, or 503-476-9202 or allison@portsh.org .

6. Barnacle Bill

Barnacle Bill

Joined Jun 9, 2008
    1,437 posts, 13 likes
    - --
    US -Bayfield
    What kind of parts are you looking for. Too vague to respond.

7. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Joined Apr 4, 2016
    149 posts, 52 likes
    Newport 28
    US Oregon Richardson Marina
    I just purchased a 1976 Newport 28 in Sept & My last boat was a Neptune 24, both built by Capital Yacht. There is not a lot of info out there about these boats anywhere. Like David said most of the fittings are generic low end stuff if it is original. If something is worn out or broken look at the job it is supposed to do and buy new or used replacements as the budget allows. You can download an original manual for the MK II from the old Capital Yachts Info page but that forum is defunct. Besides that welcome to the Newport fleet,

8. pcupach

pcupach

Joined Jun 22, 2013
    6 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 170
    US Jacomo
    I have all kinds of parts for a Newport 28 Contact me pcupach@yahoo.com

9. pcupach

pcupach

Joined Jun 22, 2013
    6 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 170
    US Jacomo
    I will be posting pictures of the items I have available on the Newport sailboat and Capital yachts Facebook page.

10. ted W

ted W

Joined Jul 24, 2017
    8 posts, 0 likes
    capital yachts 33 newport
    US florida titusville
    I have a 1990 Newport 33 and also have had no luck finding any information. I would like specs if anyone out there has them. I also bought this boat in September (16) and have had lots of fun trying to get it to run and sail. Still not quite there, but soon I hope.

11. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Joined Apr 4, 2016
    149 posts, 52 likes
    Newport 28
    US Oregon Richardson Marina
    Join the Newport owners facebook page, lots of good folks there

12. ted W

ted W

Joined Jul 24, 2017
    8 posts, 0 likes
    capital yachts 33 newport
    US florida titusville
    Thanks Ned!

Merriman pedestal control head
Finally, an aluminum replacement for this YS Merriman part.
NEW, updated Get Rid of Boat Odors
The bible of marine toilets and plumbing, expanded and updated for 2016!
Gray Enterprises port gasket
Stop winter leaks. Compare our price!
NEW rigid hatch covers
Hatch protection like never before. Tough, secure, installs in seconds.