Looking for Newport 30 parts, links, any information can help me.

jfbs67

Jul 29, 2011
Capital Yachts Inc Newport 30 / N30 St. Leonard
I am looking to restore my new 1980 Newport 30 sailboat. Any recommendation where to find parts, information, anything related to the boat?

It is been hard for me to find anything related to Capital Yachts INC and Newport 30

Nov 8, 2007
Hunter 27_75-84 Sandusky Harbor Marina, Ohio
In maintaining and upgrading our '77 h27 for 16 years, I have never come across a part or sub-system that was unique to my boat, to Hunter, or that I couldn't source somewhere. Oh, and having the original Hunter documents doesn't tell me anything I can't find out by crawling around on my boat. Here are some sources to help you:

- this site. Just tell us what you are trying to do, include some pictures of the subsystem in question, and you will usually have a good solution or two from us. That is really our principle activity on this site.

- the West Marine online catalog has many of the parts you will need.

- the folks at the ship's store on this site either have or can find almost anything.

- I have made friends with my sailmaker, his rigger partner, and our local diesel mechanic. All have been very free with their advice, especially when I was learning about my boat.

Good luck with your project boat. I hope you can sail her soon!

jfbs67

Jul 29, 2011
Thank you all so much for your quick response. My first good news about my project is my Universal 5416 is running like a champion as my Kubota dealer shop guy said, after being sitting for 6 years out of the water :)

Jan 17, 2017
Newport 30-2 St. Helens, OR
I'm with a Port District in NW Oregon, and we own a recreational marina on the Columbia River. We have a 1975 Newport 30-2 that we are "parting out" - disposing of. It's been derelict for several years and is well beyond restoration. However, I have some decent parts: winches, travelers, boom, spinnaker pole, sails (condition uncertain), cleats, pulleys, various fittings and hardware. Unfortunately, probably no interior stuff or mechanical that's any good -- but ask and I'll check. Reply here, or 503-476-9202 or allison@portsh.org .

Apr 4, 2016
Newport 28 Richardson Marina
I just purchased a 1976 Newport 28 in Sept & My last boat was a Neptune 24, both built by Capital Yacht. There is not a lot of info out there about these boats anywhere. Like David said most of the fittings are generic low end stuff if it is original. If something is worn out or broken look at the job it is supposed to do and buy new or used replacements as the budget allows. You can download an original manual for the MK II from the old Capital Yachts Info page but that forum is defunct. Besides that welcome to the Newport fleet,

Jun 22, 2013
Hunter 170 Jacomo
I have all kinds of parts for a Newport 28 Contact me pcupach@yahoo.com

I am looking to restore my new 1980 Newport 30 sailboat. Any recommendation where to find parts, information, anything related to the boat?

It is been hard for me to find anything related to Capital Yachts INC and Newport 30

ted W

Jul 24, 2017
capital yachts 33 newport titusville
I have a 1990 Newport 33 and also have had no luck finding any information. I would like specs if anyone out there has them. I also bought this boat in September (16) and have had lots of fun trying to get it to run and sail. Still not quite there, but soon I hope.

jfbs67

Jul 29, 2011
Thank you all for your responses . I stopped doing any work to my Newport last year. However, I am resuming my work to fix her beautiful. Also, I will be looking Facebook to enjoy the group.