Looking for a trailer for a Catalina 22

Feb 7, 2019
Catalina 22 Ocoee
I am looking for a trailer for my Catalina 22. I am in southeast Tennessee but, would be willing to travel some distance if needed. Any leads would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Jamie

Feb 7, 2019
Catalina 22 Ocoee
Interesting Dug they are about 4 hours away. Do you know how much that trailer cost? Did you have it made by this source?
Thank you - Jamie

Dug22

Jan 29, 2019
Catalina 22 Vincent Alabama, BSC
No sir, It came with the boat when I purchased it. The stickers on the trailer signify that it was purchased from them. The trailer looks as though it was a standard boat trailer and then the bunkers were modified and the keel support installed. It is of very good construction. I would give them a call and just ask what it would cost.

Dug22

Jan 29, 2019
There are a lot of trailer places in that part of GA due to the presence of Lake Lanier. There are also some sail makers around there.

Dug22

Jan 29, 2019
If you don't mind me asking, were do you sail at?

Feb 7, 2019
Catalina 22 Ocoee
I am new to sailing and now have a Catalina 22 that I need to do a little work on before it goes back in the water. There is a small private club on Lake Chickamauga called Privateer Yacht Club. I am going to try to get hooked up with them. I am in Chattanooga TN. Or, I may take it to Lake Ocoee for the summer as I work there seasonally. Ocoee would not be so much for sailing as just having a boat on the Lake.

Dug22

Jan 29, 2019
I am not sure but until you find a trailer then you could look for a marina that would pull it out into their yard and let you work on it. If it was me I would reach out to the Privateer Sailing Club and see if they can help you find a trailer. The guys in our sail club are always very helpful.

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
There is a small private club on Lake Chickamauga called Privateer Yacht Club.
They have a C22 racing fleet at that club and put on a good number of C22 events though the year. I would recommend getting in contact with them soon as you may find a local that has a left over trailer from a loaner boat and all the technical support you will need. They also will be able to help you learn to sail your c22 to get the most performance / fun out of it. Sailing alone is great but sailing with friends now that's an adventure!

Feb 7, 2019
Catalina 22 Ocoee
Yes I will definitely be in touch with them. I have had friends with boats there and have been out with different people there over the years. That is a fun active group and there are more C22's there than anyone would guess.

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
There are a lot of trailer places in that part of GA due to the presence of Lake Lanier.
Yup.

Sail Trailers in Macon GA gets a thumbs up from me. They built our Albin Vega's trailer. They already had the measurements on file, and did a good job for a good price in a reasonable period of time. They're kinda redneck, so be prepared for that if you are unaccustomed to it. But I had zero complaints with them, would do business again in a heartbeat.

May 7, 2006
Catalina 28 Mark 1 New Bern
I am looking for a trailer for my Catalina 22. I am in southeast Tennessee but, would be willing to travel some distance if needed. Any leads would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Jamie
I know of a trailer in New Bern Nc it is from a PS25 (24 footer) it is my neighbors and he has no use for it. if interested send me a message and I will put the two of you together.
peterbud

Feb 7, 2019
Catalina 22 Ocoee
Hello Peter,
Please put me in touch with your neighbor if he is interested in selling trailer. My email is jcasson@rockcreek.com Pictures and more info on the condition of the trailer would be great too.
Thank you,
Jamie