Looking For A Bow Pulpit 2001 Hunter 340

Dec 12, 2018
Hunter 340 Panama City, Fl.
Hi,

Hurricane Michael destroyed the bow pulpit on my 2001 Hunter 340. I can be reached at
205-914-8286 or doncolemanjr@gmail.com if you come upon or have a source.

Thanks!

Don Coleman
Panama City, Florida

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Don.
Have you checked locally for a rail making shop that could fabricate a pulpit? You can even design your own. Perhaps you want to have an open front for sails or a bow sprit. There are lots of options.
I had bow and stern pulpits made for about $1500 in 2017. Manager came to boat and measured the boat then made up the pulpits and retuned for a fitting. One of the posts missed the old stanchion holes. Took the pulpit back and returned with one that fit like a glove.

Barring that you might find one at a yard that is destroying the damaged boats from the the storms of 2018.

Dec 12, 2018
Hunter 340 Panama City, Fl.
Hi John,

Thanks for your input. I am having one built, so I can have anything I want. Looking at various boats in my marina to get ideas. I am thinking of a full pulpit. With the small size of the headsail, I don’t really see any reason to split it. I am pretty sure I won’t be using a spinnaker. Do have any inputs on ideas?

Thanks!

Don Coleman
2001 Hunter 340

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Well you might get creative and put a seat on it for a bikini clad to sit in front of the head sail and spy the whales or dolphins or just dress out your boat.
offset_181726.jpg
You might want to integrate the pulpit with a place to hang navigational lights.
BowLights.jpg
Just 2 ideas that spring to mind.

I chose to redesign the feet location of the pulpit stanchions so that I could install a larger and more sturdy bow roller.
I have seen some that are more robust to handle a light wind sail. I do not like this idea as I feel the pulpit is not strong enough to handle the forces of a sail. But there are all sorts of ideas that folks try.

I guess you can be as creative as you feel inspired.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Bow pulpit on our 1991 boat looks like this, which offers the skipper lots of options. The seat in front of the headsail comes in handy for anchoring as well as those who like to hang out on it while under sail. The seat rests on SS rail tubes that weld the two main rails port and starboard together.
Belle-VieA.jpg
Belle-VieB.jpg