Registered users don't see ads

Looking for a Blue Sea Systems AC breaker label

Discussion in 'Ask All Sailors' started by Jackdaw, Aug 9, 2017. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Jackdaw

Jackdaw

Joined Nov 8, 2010
    6,873 posts, 1,010 likes
    Beneteau First 36.7 & 260
    US Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
    My 15a branch circuit breaker needs a label; has anyone saved the extras and be willing to send me one? Anything generic would be fine.. house, AC main, outlets, charger, cabin, etc

05D71942-0658-471C-A0EE-F9F56733B73E-1749-00000184034EC069.jpeg

2. SG

SG

Joined Feb 11, 2017
    356 posts, 37 likes
    J/Boat J/160
    US Annapolis
    If Blue Seas is like Bass (which I have), there are very inexpensive standard labels. They used to make custom ones for very little.

3. Jackdaw

Jackdaw

Joined Nov 8, 2010
    6,873 posts, 1,010 likes
    They're not standard, but they sell replacement sheets for 10 bucks plus shipping. Looking to see if anyone saved the extras (most do) and is willing to send one my way for the cost of a stamp. Which I'll remeburse.

4. jeepbluetj

jeepbluetj

Joined Jan 18, 2016
    269 posts, 57 likes
    Catalina 30
    US SoCal Dana Point
    I gots some. Lemme go out to the car and see what I've got.

5. jeepbluetj

jeepbluetj

Joined Jan 18, 2016
    269 posts, 57 likes
    Catalina 30
    US SoCal Dana Point
    Whadda want? Generic kinda stuff I've got:
    Accessory
    Appliances
    Battery Charger
    Entertainment Center
    Lights
    Electronics
    Fans

PM me an address and I'll even spring for the stamp.

6. Ron20324

Ron20324

Joined Jan 22, 2008
    5,387 posts, 314 likes
    Beneteau 323
    US Annapolis MD
    If Fawcetts in Annapolis still has their cabinet of labels, they have probably anything you might want.

7. Maine Sail

Maine Sail Moderator

Joined Feb 6, 1998
    10,269 posts, 274 likes
    Canadian Sailcraft 36T
    US Casco Bay, ME
    You can order any Blue Sea label, custom made, for $5.00 each...

8. Scott T-Bird

Scott T-Bird

Joined Oct 26, 2008
    2,883 posts, 188 likes
    Starwind 27
    US Allamuchy Barnegat, NJ
    I have the square labels for 360 panels so probably not much use for you. In regard to a somewhat related issue ... I don't think I understand the back light operation completely. On my new DC panel, all of the back lights work nicely with a green glow, but when I stuck on all the labels, the back light is covered up and doesn't shine thru the label. I was expecting the light to shine thru the lettering to see nice green letters in the dark. Instead, the white lettering on the labels appears to be opaque, so I see nothing in the dark as the back light is completely covered. Did I not install the labels correctly? They appeared to be simple peel and stick (and they really stick well).
    My new ELCI panel had 3 labels pre-installed (ELCI, AC MAIN, REVERSE POLARITY) and the green light shows thru the lettering very nicely. The branch panel has the back lights and I haven't stuck the labels on yet, hoping I'll find a way to see the light. :cool:

9. LeslieTroyer

LeslieTroyer

Joined May 20, 2016
    796 posts, 163 likes
    Catalina 36 MK1
    US Sammamish, WA Everett, WA
    They also sell individually for 0.99. I've ordered mine thru Fisheries Supply and pickup in the store. I have what's left of two sets. I'll take a photo later today and send to you. Then you pick the label

Les

10. LeslieTroyer

LeslieTroyer

Joined May 20, 2016
    796 posts, 163 likes
    Catalina 36 MK1
    Had this problem also --- the solution is to first pull of the blank label that is there. You should see thru the hole to the led.

Les

11. Scott T-Bird

Scott T-Bird

Joined Oct 26, 2008
    2,883 posts, 188 likes
    Starwind 27
    This conversation stimulated me to ask Blues Seas tech support so I'm waiting for their reply. I don't think there were blank labels over the light. It is a square translucent plastic cover (same size as the label) that shines green very brightly without a label on it. I assumed that you simply peel and stick the new label on the plastic cover.

12. LeslieTroyer

LeslieTroyer

Joined May 20, 2016
    796 posts, 163 likes
    Catalina 36 MK1
    Nope you remove that one. If you look at the three labeled ones you will see they don't stick up above the background. If you stick a new label over the blank it would be raised slightly. Been there done that, and had to buy several additional labels as a result.
    Les

13. LeslieTroyer

LeslieTroyer

Joined May 20, 2016
    796 posts, 163 likes
    Catalina 36 MK1
    AIS was blank, 12v outlets had "cellular phone"
    When I removed the phone label was when I "discovered" you need to pull the blank label. I had to get another AIS to make it look correct.

IMG_0795.JPG
    It's hard to see in this photo but they now all glow green

14. LeslieTroyer

LeslieTroyer

Joined May 20, 2016
    796 posts, 163 likes
    Catalina 36 MK1
    IMG_0796.JPG Another goodie for the BS panel.... can protect either off or on. Helps the admiral know what to leave in the on position.

15. Gunni

Gunni

Joined Mar 16, 2010
    4,259 posts, 529 likes
    Beneteau 411 Oceanis
    US Annapolis
    I keep a battery powered Brother P-Touch TZ labeler and a collection of laminated label tape on the boat. Perfect for all those random labeling jobs. In your case white on black or clear would probably do the job. That laminated tape is exceptionally weather and UV resistant.

16. Scott T-Bird

Scott T-Bird

Joined Oct 26, 2008
    2,883 posts, 188 likes
    Starwind 27
    Hello Les,
    I'm going to hope that you are right about this. I'll gladly buy another pack of labels if it turns out the way you say. I'll have to get back to the boat to see how this works! Blues Seas responded to my e-mail but was not really answering my questions and they weren't helpful at all (perhaps I need to get them on the phone). The tech seemed to think that I wired backlights to the 24v blade, rather than the 12v blade, and that the backlights are weak as a result. I'm not going to insist that I'm not that stupid (but I'm pretty sure I'm not that stupid - I recognized the distinction as I wired it!) :cool:

17. bawlmer

bawlmer

Joined Sep 15, 2013
    358 posts, 39 likes
    Catalina 270
    US Baltimore
    +1

18. LeslieTroyer

LeslieTroyer

Joined May 20, 2016
    796 posts, 163 likes
    Catalina 36 MK1
    I keep the brother on the boat for wires but for what these panels cost and how good they look backlit it's worth it to me to get the correct labels.

Les

19. Jackdaw

Jackdaw

Joined Nov 8, 2010
    6,873 posts, 1,010 likes
    +1

20. lillia28

lillia28

Joined Jul 22, 2011
    76 posts, 7 likes
    Mariner Yacht Co.(NH) Mariner 28
    US Atlantic Highlands, NJ Atlantic Highlands, NJ
    Did you ever get the label? I have some spares. Let me know and I'll dig them out.
    Lou

Gray Enterprises port gasket
Stop winter leaks. Compare our price!
Flexible steel chafe pads
Innovative new product made of flexible, laser cut stainless steel. Must see!
Ready-made sheets and halyards
Now faster than ever, our calculator tells you what sizes you need.
Mainsail covers
Pre-patterned mainsail covers to fit your boat