Looking at a 28 this weekend

Apr 27, 2013
O'Day 28 Aqualand
Good luck on your search Baxter from Bama... I've had my 28 for little over a year now and am still enthralled with the great feel and performance of this pocket cruiser. Strictly fresh water so very little maintenance. The Universal 12 had been removed and a Nissan 9.8 kicker installed on a stern mount but it works well enough though I would like to restore to a diesel motor before trying some coastal cruising. I stole this boat from a pilot who just didn't have time to play. Told him he's welcome to come back and take her out anytime.

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 28 East Tawas
Don't know about the boat you are looking at but we love our 1980 28'. It is a great boat in every way save one: If the boat you are looking at has the OMC Zephyr saildrive I wouldn't buy it. The engine is dependable but is a pain at fill up time and is a fuel hog beyond belief. Also it is stinky and quite loud at the exhaust. Other than that the boat is a great size for two and a nice coastal cruiser.

Jul 5, 2011
Oday 28 Madison, CT
He has a recent survey on the boat. Yes, sea trial to take place. Boat no longer has hot water due to owner removing leaky heater. M 15 powerplant (5411 same thing). I plan to spend quality time going through everything with a friend who used to be a surveyor. I will check the traveler bases to see if they need rebedding.
M15 Powerplant????? M12 was standard and what is in my 28 (1985). Wish it were an M15 though.