Look To the Skies..Tonight!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I have had fun during the showers in the past.
One year I was sleeping on the bank of the Deschutes River during a raft trip. The moon had set, and the sky became alight with streaks of stuff burning up in the sky. I watched for some ten minutes and was about to drift off to sleep when there was a thrashing and clomping at the waters edge. Suddenly there appeared an Elk. Shaking water off in the gloom after having just swam the river. Fortunately for me he walked off to the unoccupied end of the sand bar.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
my hard hat
Only needed if you start to see debris falling in the water around your boat... But of course that would be too late and likely ineffective. As even a tiny piece of debris would likely go through the hat, you and bury several feet into the ground. The good news you would be considered "One in a Million".

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
All of you older sailors and youngster crews...

Time for a nap!:snooze:

So you can wake and see the best time for the Meteor Shower Show at...

2:00 AM till Dawn

Your time.
Jim...

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
Too much cloud cover here on mainland MX last night.
Tonight, we'll see...maybe.

0100 hours edit- thunderstorm reveals a leaky portlight on the starboard side. :cuss:

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Up and watching...
Lots of long thin streaks of light as meteors make their home on Planet Earth.

No Aliens seen.
_________
@Kermit email address on the way to the SUN. Successful Launch and separation.
DkYiAR9W0AE7dhC.jpg-large.jpeg

Parker Solar Probe on its way!
Jim...

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
We had great weather forecasts for this whole week until it actually got here. Now the whole week is $#... well, you know.
Could be alien tech being used to coverup their activities. The weather has been kinda wEirD this last year or so, but I seem to recall people saying that for most of my life. So, is the norm for weather to be kinda weird or have the aliens been here for a long time? And what happened to all the dinosaurs?

- Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Why didn't they launch the probe in winter, you remember how cold it gets. [Meriachee would know].