little help rigging a 14.2

Jun 16, 2014
catalina capri 14.2 lewisville
I just purchased a capri 14.2 and it 7s missing a few pieces. That is making it difficult to picture what I need to make it work. I need help with how the forestay and jib halyard attach. All I have on the mast is a Dring abot 3/4 of the way up the mast. There is only one pulley inside the mast and it is for the main. I've read that the jib has two lines for its halyard but have not seen any diagrams on how to attach it.

Could someone please help a guy out and post a picture or diagram of what this is supposed to look like? I'm at a real loss.

Thanks. Looking forward to teaching my four boys to sail.

Nov 19, 2008
Catalina C-22 MK-II Parrish, FL
Should be able to get a manual on the internet. It's not rocket science. Also, Google the Capri-14.2 Association, I bet there is GOB's on information there.

Don

Jun 16, 2014
Thanks. It's not rocket science but it is difficult when you dont have all the pieces. Ihavean owners manual but it does not show the halyards connection to the mast. I'll check on the capri association.

Jun 16, 2014
We have a fleet of Capri-14.2's at our club, fun looking little boats. Anyway, found a Y-Tube video on how to rig a Capri-14.2, hope it helps. Pretty simple boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktUpdYnAUSU

Don

Thanks Don. I had actually watched that video. It is really good for setting up the running rigging. I'm still stuck trying to figure out what I'm missing in the standing rigging. I just need a picture of how the jib halyard and forestay connect to the mast.

I've owned other sailboats before, and understand how to rig a boat. I've just never "seen" this one in person.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me. If anyone has a photo of the mast of one of these things that would really help me. I have to purchase the forestay and what ever hardware I need to attach it to the mast and bow.

I'll upload the manual that I have to the downloads section of the 14.2. Maybe it will help someone else.

Jun 16, 2014
Ok. I finally got the sails for this boat and it had a roller furl so the headstay was sewn into the jib. This is why I could not find another pulley to attach the jib halyard as there was not one.

If I get the thing setup, I'll snap some pics for others.

Thanks again.