Lighting ideas for Hunter 260

Sep 20, 2018
Hunter 260 Rockwall
Since winter is here, its time to get to projects on the Hunter 260.

I would like to add LED lighting to the cockpit and bow area.

Not looking for anything crazy, just enough lighting for relaxing, chatting, and walking around. Currently, I don't have any lights.

I'm looking for something that will light up the decking as opposed to putting a spotlight in your face.

I've been on boats where the lights are mounted low but still blind you ruining your night vision.

Ideally something with a few color options like red, green, blue (the latter in the event there are bugs out).

Model/part numbers, pics, or links are much appreciated!

Thanks!

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
May I suggest that you put your inquiry under small boats as that is where the Hunter 26 and 260 owners are generally are. I have seen topics on your inquiry and you may want to do a search.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Someone prevously suggested a pack of 4 lights from Sam Club, I think it was. Remoted control, colors, AAA batteries (16) included. $19.95. I'm sure other box stores would have them.

Oct 27, 2016
Seattle
And now a word from the sponsor...
Cabinet catch for many Hunters

These catches were common on Hunters from the Legend-era through today's Marlow-Hunters. We keep a large stock on hand for emergency shipments or just getting spares.
See the product

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Most people mount lights on the spreader or front of the mast for forward deck lighting. Multi-colors may be a challenge. Do you have a bimini? Wanting to add lighting there? Some clip-on battery powered lights should work well on the bimini bows and aft railing.

Sep 20, 2018
Hunter 260 Rockwall
I'm also looking for some cockpit and deck lighting ideas for a Cat 25. I've just ordered some of these: Innovative 3 LED Step Light to evaluate. Surface mount, light is directed down. Don't know how the plastic will hold up to UV. Thinking of mounting them near the the floor of the cockpit (red and white) and on the cabin top, near the deck level (white). The white LEDs (cockpit and deck) will be wired to the same circuit as the mast deck light and the red LEDs in the cockpit to the Nav light circuit. You can order the 5 LED version from our sponsors.

View attachment 157795
Once you get them in, let me know how you like them.