Lewmar Electric Winch BOGO

4arch

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau Oceanis 400 Baltimore
I saw that West Marine is having a BOGO on Lewmar electric winches starting today. I'd love to have one to replace the winch that controls the lines for the roller furling main, but don't need the second one. Is anyone else in a similar situation and possibly interested in going in together on the deal? Preferably in the Baltimore/Annapolis area as otherwise working out payment and shipping gets trickier.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Wow, that's a deal! How can Lewmar do that? Business must be slow, or perhaps they are going to introduce a new line?

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
WM and Lewmar usually run a BOGO for winches once a year.

But Lewmar Electric winches are a silly deal for a BOGO. Unlink Harken's they are SINGLE DIRECTION, which makes then useless for maneuvering (trimming) winches, where you would want two. Lewmar power winches 99% of the time end up for powering the main halyard, and you only have one of those.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
WM and Lewmar usually run a BOGO for winches once a year.

But Lewmar Electric winches are a silly deal for a BOGO. Unlink Harken's they are SINGLE DIRECTION, which makes then useless for maneuvering (trimming) winches, where you would want two. Lewmar power winches 99% of the time end up for powering the main halyard, and you only have one of those.
Kinda like the McDonald's two breakfast sandwiches for the price of one. I wish they'd just reduce the price of one, and it doesn't even have to be 50%!

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
It's a great promotion when it comes around.. keep your eyes peeled for the manual winch special.... I bought a pair of 16's and a pair of 30's last year..... plus it was on WM's TRIPLE certificate weekend.... so I got the winches at half price plus 12% back in store credit... which was another $180!

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
It's a great promotion when it comes around.. keep your eyes peeled for the manual winch special.... I bought a pair of 16's and a pair of 30's last year..... plus it was on WM's TRIPLE certificate weekend.... so I got the winches at half price plus 12% back in store credit... which was another $180!
Wow!

Jul 21, 2017
hunter legend 40 gastonville, md
I saw that West Marine is having a BOGO on Lewmar electric winches starting today. I'd love to have one to replace the winch that controls the lines for the roller furling main, but don't need the second one. Is anyone else in a similar situation and possibly interested in going in together on the deal? Preferably in the Baltimore/Annapolis area as otherwise working out payment and shipping gets trickier.
Did you get someone to split with?/I'm interested .email please.

4arch

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau Oceanis 400 Baltimore
I am possibly still interested. I would need the size 40 in chrome. Just debating whether I want to make this investment right now.

viper

Jul 31, 2016
Hunter 380 Cape Coral, Fl
H380. I bought 2, 46s last year on BOGO.. WM. That meant they cost the same as non electric. The installation cost is a bare. They are huge and protrude into the cabin.. so I needed padded covers to hide motors. . Moved 40s toward stern for asymmetric. Very powerful motors. Lifts bolson and my RIB on stern. Use for Genoa and in and out haul of main, also. I also can and do run lines around 40s and then to the 46's.... to take advantage of the push button electric.

Yes they only go one direction, just like the manual and of course they also are 2 speed manual winches, when you have electric problems. You have to go to the winch location or nearby to press the button (unless you go remote or run buttons to helm if sailing solo, might be useful, on the other hand I have auto helm) , so one direction is not such a big deal, since the missing direction is just letting the line out. and the wind and the sails do the rest. They are variable speed and slow down as pressure increases so you will not bust something...when in electric mode.

Regards