Les and John’s 2019 EXTREME Winter Cruise

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
Someone please explain how I can track this.....don't want them too close to Baltimore

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Once we had docked and secured the boat our stay has been great. Ward met us at the dock helping with the lines. We cheered our successful arrival having sailed approximately 100 nm in freezing temps. We experienced mild seas and winds of 10-14 knots giving us two nice sails.

We are on B16 in False Creek Harbour Authority’s marina. Surround by other sailing vessels and commercial fishing boats. We are a .5 mile walk to the “On Water” site or a 150yard swim for members of the polar bear society.

The Silvia is a grand hotel in the elegant style of the 40’s. The dining room and bar sport huge picture windows that give you a sweeping view of the park and English Bay. A perfect spot to sit and enjoy a beer and talk sailing.

Ward had only been a hotel guest for two days but he is a charmer and the staff found him, us, a table front row by the window for the sunset.

Today is Boat Show day. Our Excellent tour is offering a free survey for any SBO member looking for a boat. Just PM us your credit card and the particulars. This is a special opportunity to have seasoned sailors help you find that dream. And with Canadian dollars. The locals tell me they are cheaper to use. Does that really mean more buck for your buck?
If your here at the boat show give us a shout. We have parting gifts to share along with the joy of this Winter Cruise adventure.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
While our adventuresome trio invade our northern neighbor, a Swedish couple aboard SV Ran visited last September. Here's a link to one of their videos shot during their stay in Vancouver. There are 3 in the series including an interesting trip to the Mustang Survival Gear factory. Enjoy.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Nexus card...The only way to sail!..
I agree I have one but John only has Global Entry. Should mak US Easier but Ward has neither so ROAM.

Nice 33 degree weather this morning. Coffee is steaping.

And when I puff out my chest only by belly gets bigger....

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
News this am ( Sat. morning) of big storm hitting Wash. Hope you guys are far enough north out of it. Sounds like great trip.

Oct 22, 2014
Welcome to the story Dave. We are sorry you could not join us after our great lunch in Annapolis. We'll just have to sip this Canadian beer and wine without you. How's it been for you this winter? Folks calling to get their driveways cleared? Building has got to be a bit slow. Perhaps the next cruise should be to a warm climate... This cold weather has me remembering the movie scenes from "The Day after Tomorrow "

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
News this am ( Sat. morning) of big storm hitting Wash. Hope you guys are far enough north out of it. Sounds like great trip.
The weather channel said this season, Seattle has had more snow than Boston!

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Welcome to the story Dave. We are sorry you could not join us after our great lunch in Annapolis. We'll just have to sip this Canadian beer and wine without you. How's it been for you this winter? Folks calling to get their driveways cleared? Building has got to be a bit slow. Perhaps the next cruise should be to a warm climate... This cold weather has me remembering the movie scenes from "The Day after Tomorrow "
Been a very mild winter. Only had the snow blower out twice since November. :biggrin:

The Annapolis Boat Show and haul out weekend coincide, that and I spent too much money on the boat this year (or so I'm told), budgeting an impromptu trip to Annapolis wasn't in the cards.

Oct 22, 2014
It is so easy to be bedazzled at the boat show. I know I did not go to the show expecting to be wooed. But the Lewmar sales manager said "Let me make you an offer you can't refuse". And next thing I know I'm ordering an ocean 70 hatch to replace the leaky one on my boat. Oh another project for spring.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Let me make you an offer you can't refuse
Suuuuuucker! :biggrin: Likely saved a few bucks ordering it through the boat show. I'm sure the sales manager guy assured you of this. :poke: All I can say is, wished that I could have been there with you. Been trying to get into False Creek for awhile, but maybe this season. Usually end up in Pender Harbor (Garden Bay).

Snow finally stopped, but more expected. Unless the temps warm, what we have will stick around for awhile. Currently 30 outside.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
As Les’s photo shows, it was a beautiful day in Vancouver. While the boat show was a bit smaller than Annapolis and some venders I hoped to see weren’t there, I did find things to add to my boat wish list.
Tonight I officially became a part of Mahalo’s crew with some liquor from Les’s special stock, a champagne toast and a pastrami sandwich.
Looking forward to what tomorrow brings.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Ugh! One of the top three worst, coldest, snowiest winters since I've lived here. More snow today and tomorrow with temps last night at 20. A balmy 30 mid day. Usually if we have snow it might last a day then gone. Nope.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
They keep telling us that we'll get more here today too. It's a lovely +35F at the moment, the ground is 1/2 bare and you can see grass through the rest. And they call THIS the "Great White North".

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
Ugh! One of the top three worst, coldest, snowiest winters since I've lived here. More snow today and tomorrow with temps last night at 20. A balmy 30 mid day. Usually if we have snow it might last a day then gone. Nope.
Yup. And along with gale force+ winds in the Strait makes things a bit disconcerting.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
No report from the lads. I wonder if this means they are trying to negotiate their exit from the Sylvia lounge?