Legend 41 and extra domestic batteries

Dec 15, 2017
Hunter Legend 41AC Portsmouth
Hello all,

Can anyone please provide any guidance to adding extra domestic batteries to a 41AC, as we have 2 large batteries in the Nav seat at present and want to increase the capacity and add more batteries.
The engine starter battery is currently under the floor panel by the battery switches, so could move that I suppose but what have other people done?

Thanks in advance
LMA

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
Given that having the room to place the batteries is the show stopper ask yourself where do I have room for more batteries? On my 40.5 legend they are in the aft lazerett. VERY LONG cables going to the nav station and engine but has only been a problem once during a first start after sitting all winter. In line 300 amp fuse blew. $5 at the auto parts store. The next thing is boat balance. I know that with an empty fuel tank the boat list to the side the batteries are on. The tank is on the other side. Not that it makes a much of a difference but lots of passers by mentioned it to us so thinking this bothers quite a few folks. third is how hard will it be to run the cables. You only have to do this once and consider "fixing" things that you would not normally have access to while you are running the cables.
Good luck