legend 37 information wanted

Jan 30, 2017
Hunter legend 37 na
I am currently looking at a Hunter legend 37 to purchase. I've been scouring the web looking for information, but am not finding a lot. I have seen the reviews on sailboat data, and alot of discussions in the forums, but most talk are about other hunters and not the legend 37. On youtube i see many walk through videos but that's about it. Im wanting to see the owners manual, descriptions and parts breakdown for the different systems, checklists, things like that. Is this information out there. If so, can you lead me to it.

Dec 29, 2012
Hunter 37 Jacksonville
The 37 Legend was only in production for 2 years. So you won't find as many around, or as much info. However it is very similar to it's replacement. The 37.5.

Jan 30, 2017
Hunter legend 37 na
Thank you daydreamer, that looks like it will have a lot of useful information.
Geek_guy thank you. I was getting curious how close the 37.5 and legend were.
Again thank you

Dec 29, 2012
Hunter 37 Jacksonville
I hesitate to state too much. But I've looked at pictures of the 37.5 and the deck looks identical. The specs for the sails is identical. The layout below is different.

Feb 22, 2011
Hunter Legend 37 Muskegon, MI
Don't know if the forum is still active but this info might help the next person considering a Legend 37.
I have a Legend 37. The above suggestions as far as info and specs is pretty accurate. My understanding is the 37, 37.5 and 376 are pretty much the same boat as consecutive years of car models are the same with minor cosmetic changes.
Number one on my list is get a good reputable surveyor and pay the travel expense if needed. I got one who missed some VERY OBVIOUS problems.
I have had a couple of issues with mine that you might make the surveyor aware of.
My rudder had some delamination caused by water inside. They had a small set screw in the bottom for off season drainage but with our winters here, the water inside saturated the foam, froze and caused the delamination. I had Foss Foam of Florida strip mine down to the skeleton and replace the rest of it. Cost without shipping was around $1200. Plus the yard costs and 5 coats of epoxy for a barrier coat and fresh bottom paint.
With the age of the boat, (87-89) check the cutlass bearing and the stern bearing/shaft log for slop or movement. Each bearing is in the $80 range and depending on DIY or yard labor, your looking at time or a couple of hundred bucks to repair. Age related also comes into play regarding my starter. The starter is goo and so is the button but the connection where the wires join is faulty. Just had to run a new wire to solve that problem.
I love out boat and would buy another in a heartbeat.